Cruise Control / Sat Nav S3 retrofit

omegadirective

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was just wanting to know if you lot know any good places in Scotland or Cumbria (Aberdeen or Inverness preferably) where I could get an OEM cruise control and/or a SAT NAV OEM both for the 2002 S3 fitted and programmed?

Any help would be much appreciated! :) Thanks!

Odie :redrs4:

you can retro fit sat nav your self, do you have double din or single din

No idea. Not really savvy with the systems and I don't have my handbooks to hand for another couple of weeks so I can't check! Is there anyway I can tell just by looking at the unit thats inplace just now?

If I remember correctly it's a Symphony V2 in it with the in-dash 6 CD-Changer.

you have double din then

so its a case of putting a sat nav system in, coding and connecting up a speed signal wire, i would like to help but i havent finished mine yet as my vagcom broke

you have double din then

so its a case of putting a sat nav system in, coding and connecting up a speed signal wire, i would like to help but i havent finished mine yet as my vagcom broke

Thanks mate! :) I have no experience with VAG-COM although in the next few months was thinking of getting it! The price tag puts me off! I've seen some Sat Nav units on E-Bay but not sure whether it's a good idea to buy them off there?

Most people buy theres from ebay, i got mine from the bay and it was shipped from another country,

you need to decide what unit you want - RNS-E but a4, or a6 unit, you will need to modyfy the unit to make it fit, and you need to know what version you want, version Q is the latest i think, i have a older unit and it works ok but havent tested the sat nav stuff out properly yet as i cant sort it out

Most people buy theres from ebay, i got mine from the bay and it was shipped from another country,

you need to decide what unit you want - RNS-E but a4, or a6 unit, you will need to modyfy the unit to make it fit, and you need to know what version you want, version Q is the latest i think, i have a older unit and it works ok but havent tested the sat nav stuff out properly yet as i cant sort it out
i would like to put the rns-e unit in my s3 is there much mods to do to the unit?and is the wiring just plug and play?

hi odie,
i know somebody in lancashire who will do it for £175.00 all in. very good at what he does: perhaps he can arrange to do something for you if he's working your end sometime. pm me if ur interested.

best regards,

danny