Sheffield - Anyone got vag-com ?

blackcat

Reaction score
My A3 1.8T Sport isn't working again :-(
If anyone has vag-com and are prepared to travel to south Sheffield, please let me know, thanks.

blackcat i have VAG Com but only the free version...what functions do you need? just fault codes?...... in near crystal peaks

Thanks 1animal1, my car will start up, rev up once and then die. I have spoken to the mechanic who doesn't know what the problem could be, I have another post on here regarding what's wrong.

I just wanted to try and find out what it could be so that I could tell the mechanic and he can fix it, would the free version of vag-com tell me this ?

Sorry to be very vague but I don't know the first thing about cars !

if its a fault code then yes, otherwise your best bet is to take it to JBS at Whittington Moor near James Cycles at end of Dronny Bypass..... they charge around £50 an hour to diagnose....might save you a lot if youve started replacing parts....ill happily wack it on vag com freeware to do a preliminary check though if needs be

Yeah sounds like the immo to me too - possibly the part which reaads the transponder from the key. But if it was this the immo light should flash.

Hi there,
I live in Rotherham and have vag com...
PM me if you need to check the car for faults,

Paul

Paul didnt realise that you were Rotherham fella...... impressive spec list:beerchug:

Thanks mate.
Ive never seen a dolphin grey S3 localy !
The spec will maybe change in the new year but im not sure...
Let me know if you get stuck for VAG COM