Can some-one wire up my Recaro's please?

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my Blue/Black S3 Recaros in my A3 for a whle now.

Need some-one to wire them up for me as i cant move them withoutthe electrics working.

Is there any-one who could do this for me and what is it likely to cost?

Many thanks!

Jason

Should be able to wire them up ,

i do it for your alloys :)

You just want the motors running, not the airbags?

Very easy. Run a fused power source to them from the relay panel under the steering wheel area. Earth to the body in the area or at the earth point under the steering wheel again.

I'm the same need mine wiring up but never really have the time to do them

yeah the seats are on a high amp circuit havnt got the schematics but guessing either 15 or 30 amp so make sure the wire used is a good thickness so it doesnt melt, lol, you should be able to do yourself, its not hard really, but as HTC says always fuse them or use a spare socket on fusebox

I'm the same need mine wiring up but never really have the time to do them

All you should need is a fused 12V supply to the relevant socket underneath the seat, which only has two pins from it (Brown is -ve!!). I'll check in the manual tonight, but I'm guessing a 10-15A fuse would be about right.

Cheers,

Not too fussed about getting them wired up being heated but i just want to get all the functions working on them. At the moment there stuck in 1 position.
If any-one could do it for me id be more than happy to pay you for your time?

Im based in Surrey near thorpe park area.

P.S the air-bag light i can remove thru vag-com right?

Jason

I see a business opening producing looms for you lot.

Seriously, have a go. When you get the plastic cover out of the way you'll see the places to connect to. If you've ran wires for an audio amp in the past, you can do this. Use proper gauge wire (there is a guide on wikipedia). Fuse it and use proper crimps or solder and heatwrap.

I'd give you the current drain for these seats but I can't get to my info at the mo.

Thinking of amplifiers, if you get stuck, go see a car audio place.

hi mate ,

i can reset that for you just give us a shout !

Not too fussed about getting them wired up being heated but i just want to get all the functions working on them. At the moment there stuck in 1 position.
If any-one could do it for me id be more than happy to pay you for your time?

Im based in Surrey near thorpe park area.

P.S the air-bag light i can remove thru vag-com right?

Jason