It a power thing!

perhaps, though this w/e would have been perfect (wife is off with mother at Champney's). (She is lovely, so don't get me wrong, but this kind of thing can be difficult for the female brain to comprehend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

PS I have drunk a lot tonight, so I cannot be held repsonsible for the content of my posts (it's tough enough to spellcheck them!). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stickpoke.gif

Me and richs are coming from hardwick, only 5 min up the road from you! were goin to get to Hut about 10 half 10.30 ish i think.

Dakar Yellow M3 and Carbon Black e46 with the most distinctive number plate ever, i promise u will not miss us!

When giving it some stick on a straight - the car seems to have flat spots in power. For example say in 3rd and accelerating hard, the car will pull then seem to slack off the pull again - ive stuck on a new DV and that has helped. I took my paper air filter out last wkend and removed all the sh*t from it, again that helped a tiny bit. Any thorts would be gr8 as im goin to the Donnington Midlands meet and i cant get left mehind on those b roads.Cheers. Lee

the actuator is bolted on next to the turbo - it has a metal cannister about 1.5-2" long with 1 or 2 air hoses going to it, and a metal rod than connects to the turbo wastegate by a screwed on flange - its usually well hidden under the heat shield and you have to take 1/2 the car apart to get to it (at least i did on my volvo t5)

on my t5 i used a 14lb spring instead of the factory 7lb one and ran 1.12 bar boost, but the stiffer spring kept the wastegate shut firmly until max boost.

You cant get to it? i was looking for leaks last night but cant get my hands onto anything, i even took the plastic cover off the engine to get a better look.

i had a look at the s3 wastegate - i took a photo from the drivers side - the wastegate actuator rod has 2 bolts, 1 before and 1 after the wastegate coupling - so tightening it is simply a case of adjusting both bolts further down the rod

see the picture - with the engine cold you might be able to squeeze hands in there without having to remove anything at all.