Upholstery Cleaner and Strut Brace?

bl_1969

Roads? We Dont Need Roads!!!!
Reaction score
Hello!!!!!

Whats the difference between an anti-roll bar and a strut brace? Are they the same thing. Maybe a newbi question, if so, I am sorry! Strangly enough, I asked Google and did not get far, I guess it is all in the way you ask huh!

Anybody recommend upholstery cleaner of some kind?
I just used Glipton Leather cleaner and conditioner and it is amazing stuff, but now I want the cloth part to look just as new and good. Dont have full leather interior :-( Please feel sorry for me and help me out with some recomendations for the cloth :blush:

Cheers Cheers

anti roll bar is under the car and a strut brace goes under the bonnet from one strut top to the other.

I found in my old a3 which had the grey check interior that autoglym interior cleaner kept it nice and clean

Hire a proper cleaner from a local hire shop there about 20 quid for the day you car gets a little damp BUT it works a treat.

Anti Roll bar is under the car, Strut Brace is 'over the car' so to speak.

Ive always used Autoglym stuff and its worked a treat....

Hey Rich, hows it going, are you up for a meet next week, have a look in the meets forum and add a comment...

Cheers
Nilz

anti roll bar is under the car and a strut brace goes under the bonnet from one strut top to the other.

Thats not exactly true matey, you can get 'upper' and 'lower' strut braces, lower ones go underneath the car to stiffen the chassis, upper ones usually between the suspension turrets under the bonnet.

Anti Roll Bar(ARB) is exactly what it says, it reduces the amount of roll on your car during cornering. It's usually underneath the car connected to your suspension from left to right and tries to keep both sides of the suspension at the same level. Strut brace is a bar which connects usually at the top of your Struts under your bonnet with the intention of reducing body flex, but you can get lower strut braces also and rear turret braces.

Cheers guys! I love this forum!

I am in Czech Republic at the moment so hiring of a cleaner would be a huge pain, even ordering a meal is tough :crying:
Will try that autoglym stuff in the mean time and when I get back to dear old Blighty I will go for the hire.

About the strut brace thing, so I read a lot on the forum about the ARB's but dont think I have seen people mention the strut brace before. Is the gains in fitting them not that great?

Next thing on my list for the :greyrs4: is suspension. Going to get it lowered slightly, but nothing too much. Then maybe uprated brakes and thats it.... I think :think:

Cheers again for your comments.
Much appreciated!