Chris NottEM Tuning
    Swaying towards IHI....

Status

To Coil-over or not to Coil-over ??

Cant make my mind up on this one.

I currently have the H&R Cup Kit sits nice on the front at 55mm but the rear is at 45mm and i think it just looks odd.

Im going for the look so would love it mega low so coilovers are the only way to go.

My question is is it worth me spending the extra wedge on Coilovers or do i just keep what i have on it now?

I only want them to level the back end out really otherwise id be keeping what i have.

Opinions appreciated

Jason
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Mine is pretty low on Coilovers, just beware that the sump is pretty low so you need to take it easy on bumpy roads/speed bumps.

They were on it when I bought the car so can't really comment whether its worth changing from what you have other than you can obviously get a bit lower.

2nd Gear

Status
    coil over

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Just dont know if it's worth it? I'll probably go with the Weitec set-up if i do get them.

How much lower could i go than i already am do you think?

I just think it'd look so much better with my porsche wheels being alot lower?

Jason
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    Do you think you need the adjustability? If so, get the coilovers. I've not touched mine in a year, but I have raised and lowered it a few times for various reasons.

I've no idea how you guys run so low. Mines dropped about 30-35mm (i forget the standard ride height). I wouldn't want to go any lower. The front subframe where the dog bone mounts is scraped to hell on mine.

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Well mine is currently 55mm front and 45mm Reart on the H&R Cup kit. Problem is apprantly you cant buy replacement springs. I dont like how the back sits (Higher than the front) My only reason for wanting coilovers so it can look level really.

Dont want to spend 4-5 hundred on coilovers for it to be a waste of money!

Im thinking Weitec/FK at the moment.

Cheers
    A3 1.8TS