Look at these BT prices!

check out qedpower.com top bloke knows his stuff and fast delivery from america. i must have spent about 3 grand with him lol

it gets even better if you can get the gear in Canada,,,,

Whats the deal with import tax then? If i buy £3k of stuff there, what % do the thieves put on top just because of where i live? is the tax lower from canada then?

It suddenly makes the BT dream for my S3 more of a reality, i know thingls like that turbo kit etc are well priced there but i cant get over the fact you can get a new crank, rods, pistons and rings for £800, thats mad, you can spend nearly that on pistons here!

all depends i had to pay 50 quid import tax for 1500 quids worth of bits then i aint paid anything since with my other orders think they have been posted as gifts....:thumbsup:

thats way less than i thought, even if it came in at £500 in taxes on £3000 of bits, those £3k of parts equal probably ~£8000 if bought here.

Does anyone want to buy any MK2 golf bits! I think im going to be selling and saving for the next few months.

That is the new Kinetic kit right? Very good quality stuff.

I use QEDPower also. Bought all block and head stuff from him. Tax seems to be randomly applied. I've not had to hardly any yet.

Take a good look at vwvortex.com 1.8T section for information on the best kits. Also power results and fitting advice for that kit in there.

But be careful. Most american kits are for left hand drive. The parts would fit, but you need to look at the exhaust and how close it will be to the brake master cylinder. might go in with addition of extra heat sheilding.
UK kits usually place the the turbo less central and more towards the UK passenger side.

You'll also need supporting mods like better intercooler and clutch.

hmmm, clutch......... I have a genuine clutch with a genuine dual mass flywheel which have about 2000 miles on them, with no abuse what so ever. is the design an issue for that sort of power or is it the fact most people put a new and stronger clutch in because a 20k mile one wont be up to the job (if that makes sense)

Also, is the dual mass fly crap for launches etc so its worth going with a solid wheel?

Thanks

Is it not exempt from import duty if you say its a gift?
I paid £75 on an item valued at £350....thank you Mr Customs and Excise

Clutch is a big one to think about, my A3 had a brand new clutch only 8 thousand miles before being mapped to 295lbft, and the clutch only lasted a few weeks, probably less than 10k when I had to change it.

Put a single mass flywheel and VR6 clutch in and been fine ever since

Solid flywheels cause vibration and noise when idling. Not what you want on an S3. The rubber bushes on the dual mass are what absorb the vibration and noise.

an added price to pay but probably worth looking to the US for these parts too! What are shipping costs like? 60kg or so??

Im on the save now :eek:)

whats best, a solid steel fly or an aluminium one? very similar prices....