clicking noise from air vent???

xdam

Reaction score
hey guys i need some help on a problem i've had for a little while now. i have this weird clicking sound coming from my left air vent (i think, my boss had a quick look and said it was coming from behind the glove box and he could touch the thing thats clicking) it comes on whenever the fans go to maximum speed from the climate control, mainly when i just turn the car on and the fans kick in.

if i press the button to send the air through the vents below the front window the noise goes away, or if i turn the fans down it goes away, sometimes it goes on it's own.

does anyone have any idea what i'm talking about? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif or how to fix it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It sounds as if it is the direction flaps from the climate control that do move automatically to control the direction/flow rate and temperture in the car. Mine do make a noise when i first turn it on. (they are behind the vents)

There are various sensors around the car that read the temperature inside the car when the climate control is on. The computer then adjusts the flow rate/direction of air to keep the temperature constant and what you have actually selected it. It sounds to me if you can hear this.

Or you may have something stuck in there or even one of these flaps may be faulty/snapped off??

[ QUOTE ]
JamS3 said:
It sounds as if it is the direction flaps from the climate control that do move automatically to control the direction/flow rate and temperture in the car. Mine do make a noise when i first turn it on. (they are behind the vents)

There are various sensors around the car that read the temperature inside the car when the climate control is on. The computer then adjusts the flow rate/direction of air to keep the temperature constant and what you have actually selected it. It sounds to me if you can hear this.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this sounds like what my problem is guess i'll have to take it audi unless a garage can fix it. thanks for the response.

Or it could just be a piece of crap caught in the system and is vibrating when being blown by the forced air system.