1 break down truck & a trip to the stealers latter

Markb

Reaction score
Well after posting about the drivers side heated lock staying on the inevitable happen. It flattened the battery over night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Never mind I've got home start break down so half an hour latter she was back up and running again.

So a trip to the stealers was in order. Top marks to Audi they have never seen this problem before, but they sorted it within an hour and didn't charge me a penny, because they liked the colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That's the first time I have ever had any work done free.

Also I got a nice 4 ring key ring and a face light rear wiper while I was at it. So I can't complain.

Hopefully that will be the last time I am at the stealers for a while LOL

what was the resolution and why did it occur?

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:a face light rear wiper

[/ QUOTE ]

whats a face light rear wiper? face lift you mean? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

which dealer did you goto dude?...seems very un-dealer like to do it for free!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
xdam said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:a face light rear wiper

[/ QUOTE ]

whats a face light rear wiper? face lift you mean? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry taht should read face lift rear wiper arm and blade. I.E the one off the new A3's

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
Was the little microswitch stuck? It's quite a flimsy affair

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I am aware yes, but I didn't ask too much as I thought the bill was coming any minute /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
caractere 007 said:
which dealer did you goto dude?...seems very un-dealer like to do it for free!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Derby Audi they were extremely helpful and pleasant. It felt good to own an Audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
[ QUOTE ]
caractere 007 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Derby Audi they were extremely helpful and pleasant. It felt good to own an Audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

kewl!..ive also found that wolverhampton audi are brilliant as well!

Sutton Coldfield Audi are wasters! My drivers seat would not lock down so I asked for a quote on a repair - £400+vat. I went home - got the pliers and sorted it myself! The guy knew this cuz when I asked he said 'nah mate-it needs a new un!'

[ QUOTE ]
caractere 007 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
[ QUOTE ]
caractere 007 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kewl!..ive also found that wolverhampton audi are brilliant as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit far away for me LOL

Brighton Audi are very polite and friendly, but there mechanics are pants!!

Being an ex mechanic myself, I can tell.

So, what was the cause of the problem?