what remap for a 1.8T

afcjay

Reaction score
i am looking to get a stage 1 map on my A3 1.8T sport in the near future and was wondering which remaps seem to work best and produce best increases for the money
am i best going for a custom map over a generic map?
what are your views and experiences and figures and who do you recommend etc

My mate and I got ours done by R-Tech... bigbhp.co.uk,the guys name is nick,both very happy with results,as for wether to get a custom map or not is up to your budget!!!,as the generic maps work well enough from what i can work out,i have a few mates who have had them done and haven't heard any bad things,a custom map might squeeze a few more horses out,but i would leave that till you have bought and fitted all your intended mods before getting that done

thanks for the replys
i dont really have any big plans for it at the moment, just want to get a few more horses out of it just to make it a bit more fun to drive as well as still keeping it reliable etc
i havent had it to long,just got a Pipercross panel filter and apart from that am only really looking to get a Forge FMCL007p dump valve and Forge tip,s/s cat back and cold air feed for the panel filter and a remap.
so thinking about it,as already stated a generic map would proberly be my best bet.
its just i thought id get some feedback before i splashed the cash.
what figures do the companys claim and what figures are people actually getting after the remap etc
do the maps improve figures through the whole rev range or just in certain bands etc?
im looking for a smooth power deliver rather than one that kicks you in the face kind of thing
do any of the companys still offer the trail period so you can get a feel for the map before you buy? didnt Revo used to offer this?

afcjay,

Your 1.8T A3 will have the smaller turbo, so it by it's nature provide a smooth boost/power after a remap (unless you go to some cowboy, doesn't know better). I had a remap on my old A3 1.8T from JabbaSport and it really transformed the car pretty much all over the rev range.

They RR'd it after and gave me a figure just under 190bhp, which I took with a pinch of salt, but driving it home I did notice a lot of extra "eagerness" and faster acceleration.

I've got an S3 now and it has the bigger (K04) turbo, which needs more revs to spin up. After a remap by VAG Check (very good guys and highly recommend their stage 2 map) the turbo on the S3 gives manic acceleration above about 3200rpm, and that gives you a bit of a kick :) I can't imagine what the bigger turbos feel like.

With turbo cars, most of the remap's effect is felt once the turbo kicks in, which for you would be just under 3000rpm, but it feels good all over with added bonus if better fuel economy if you drive gently.

Most tuners give you a trial period/money back guarantee after short period by uploading your standard map back to your car if you are not happy.

Definitely go for it, you will not be sorry

i got mine mapped by revo it can be a little agressive at times but best money ive spent on the car by far

revo, costum...

i'm getting crazy!

witch one... :think:

i'm thinking 4 3 months now, i have no idea what is best 4my car.

trust me in saying the one you pick will be the best,everyone thinks theirs is best so don't worry mate

go for the one with the best customer service anyone can plug a laptop into your pride and joy but it puts my mind at rest when the guy actually knows whats hes taking about and knows how to get the best from your car

what bhp/torque figures are people getting compared to those claimed by the companys and how much did you pay for your remaps

im looking for a smooth power delivery so i am swaying towards a CC stage 1 from reports ive heard on here and other forums but not going to jump into anything to fast

apart from Revo,CC,AMD etc and those mention on the thread so far,are there any up and coming contenders in the remap market i should consider?

voodoo motorsport are supposed to be good

but i was told that its either revo or giac for remaps giac are fair priced aswell iirc

APS remaps are £350 plus VAT and the service was superb!

www.autops.co.uk

I'd only consider the Revo if I was going buy the Revo SPS which allows you to switch it back to stock, and tweak the map even more! (boost settings) but looks quite complicated to me!!!

Im having my remap done by Chip n Spin in the group buy section. I have the same engine as you so I will let you know how I get on.