Changing 6 Disk HU in S3 -BIG HOLE¬!!

DamoS3Q

Reaction score
Im thinking about changing the HU in the S3 for a nice alpine unit. The thing is, if I take the old one out im gonna be left with a gapping hole in the dash.

Does anyone know what part i need to fill the gap? will i have to speak to audi? does anyone know the part number??

cheers

[ QUOTE ]
Damo said:
Im thinking about changing the HU in the S3 for a nice alpine unit. The thing is, if I take the old one out im gonna be left with a gapping hole in the dash.

Does anyone know what part i need to fill the gap? will i have to speak to audi? does anyone know the part number??

cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your a double DIN? or are you talking about the gaps at the sides?

Rich

i think its called a double din..Its the large HU..its about twice the size of a normal one..guess thats why its called a double din..

Im very hung over! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Damo said:
i think its called a double din..Its the large HU..its about twice the size of a normal one..guess thats why its called a double din..

Im very hung over! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Either get a replacemnt double din aftermarket unit, a single din HU and blacking plate, OR get a blacking plate, get some gauge pod mounts inset into it, and have a cool place to put boost gauge that looks stock!! Lucky B******!!! i want to be able to do that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif