FSI Throttle Return

nmead

Reaction score
I still think my new A3 2.0 FSI Sport has a problem with throttle return, when accelerating hard from a standstill and removing my foot from the pedal to change gear the revs keep rising. This only happens with aggressive standing starts but is very unnerving ! My Audi dealer says this is normal as the ECU senses the driving style and holds the revs ready for the next gear, I fully believe them.........
Any comments would be welcome.

What the dealer is saying is true. The courtesty car we had did it as well.. I found it horrible to drive. Theres a thread about it a couple of months ago.

Funny enough this happens with my bro's 2000 GTi, the revs actually go up rather than go down - helps to keep the pace up!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So you accelerate, keep pushing the pedal, but won't set the gear in? Now that doesn't sound smart.

- Yak

IMHO I dont think this is standard, I was involved in previous posts on the subject and the outcome was that some people have the rev problem some dont. Ive done a TBA and also had the throttle body off and cleaned it with no success. IMHO there are too many people with the same cars not experiencing this (and you would know about it if you had it) for it to be normal and if it is I dont like it, it sounds like your screwing up the gear changes