Suspension advice for 1.8t sport

Jimmer

Reaction score
As title really, im looking for a suspension kit for my A3, The car has done 105k now and the original shocks are past their best. The springs are pretty corroded too so im looking to replace the lot.

Im looking for a kit that gives OE comfort and a ride hieght that is as close to standard as possible, but something that makes the car handle better.

Koni FSD`s are a bit out of the price range really.

Here`s a pic of the car just now to show the ride hieght im after

Image021.jpg

Image025.jpg

Any recomendations of prices and where to buy will be helpfull too

Cheers

best to take a photo when your not looking through a window
budget suspension is around but you take your chances

get a weitec kit for the 1.8 T. thats what i got on mine lowered 40mm all round. ask damien at DPM about it. well worth it.

if you do a search on the forum,theres loads of threads and advice

I've got the weitec kit aswell 30mm all round & I would recommend it! Change your arb bushes and top mount bearings/rubbers at the same time while it's out. Trust me... Totally worth doing and minimal costs!

In addition, if you want better handling without the sacrifice of comfort, I highly recommend an anti-roll bar kit. Rear bar makes a big difference to the balance of the car.

I've got Eibachs springs and GAZ adjustable dampers. And an Eibach rar ARB...handles very well :)

best to take a photo when your not looking through a window
budget suspension is around but you take your chances

Thanks for the most helpful post :noway:

The photo isnt through a window, its just a quick snap on a camera phone to show the present ride hieght. I didn`t realise i needed a degree in photography to be a car enthusiast.

I know budget kits can be of a low quality, thats why i asked what do you guys recomend.

For those with the wietec kit, do the 30/40 mm kits come with standard length or shortend dampers?

Could these be sucessfully used with standard Audi sport springs? Anyone tried?

I've got the H&R Cup kit on mine.

55-45 I think, sits and handles very well and the kit is very well priced too.

I have the H&R ARB's too but im led to beleive they arn't the best ARB's to go for?

Jason

Thanks for the most helpful post :noway:

The photo isnt through a window, its just a quick snap on a camera phone to show the present ride hieght. I didn`t realise i needed a degree in photography to be a car enthusiast.

I know budget kits can be of a low quality, thats why i asked what do you guys recomend.

For those with the wietec kit, do the 30/40 mm kits come with standard length or shortend dampers?

Could these be sucessfully used with standard Audi sport springs? Anyone tried?

Why would you want to use the Audi Sport springs? the kit comes as a whole set up that suits the car very well... i was happy with 30mm.... others want lower.... personal choice really. Highly recommend the kit! great for the money aswell... no fuss

ive got jamex coilovers on mine handling is much better no more twitchy rear end but can be a little harsh sometimes but nice kit for very little money you also have the choice of how you want it to sit too