Alarm gone silent...

Davidkent

Reaction score
Basically, I tried setting my alarm off to see if it works.
All i get is flashing indicators, No siren at all!

Any suggestions?
Cheers

Mine's exactly the same! The siren unit can fail. Not sure how much work is involved or the cost but I believe the unit is down behind the CD changer somewhere.

I don't have a changer and so don't know where that is if i'm honest...
Basically if its expensive i'll leave it lol...

It's under the tupperware sub, do a search there's about a million threads on it.

the siren has probably been removed as mine has this is due to them going faulty where the alarm keeps going off every hour,so the cheapest option is just to remove the siren,located in the corner of the boot on the left hand side

Do a search, this has been covered quite a few times, basically battery died on the siren scenario, either replace the batteries from maplins, or replace the siren, at an extortionate price.

Be aware that if your car gets pinched, and the insurance bods find out the alarm was not working/missing, they may not cough up, especially if an alarm/immobiliser was a condition of insurance...

Cheers,

if your local to stoke i can get the sirens for £15 2nd hand obviously but working! and fit it if needed, just pm me

Sit in your car arm the alarm from inside your car wait 30-60 secounds and then wave hands about then it will go off !

:footy:

Is it worth just replacing or trying to take apart ?

Why has no one managed an aftermarket upgrade of these poxy alarms...?

Surely all it needs is the actual sounder part of the alarm box being disconnected, then a great hoofing 130db sounder wiring in its place?

I dont think anyone has done this . Also i dont think it can be done !:think:

its the battery acid that goes over the pcb that fecks the alarm everytime, very common issue on the 8L, get the new version as this has obviously addressed this, trying to use an aftermarket is no good as it has a diag wire aswell that throws a code when no comms from the siren, I tried a 2nd used one & it happened again, bought new version from stealer for £80 fitted myself, dont forget the new nut aswell as its a different size from the current one & jobs a gooden

Thats right but i cant belive no one or company has come up with a siren that you can replace as a direct replacment for the crappy audi one as its crap even the new one !:motz:

its the battery acid that goes over the pcb that fecks the alarm everytime, very common issue on the 8L, get the new version as this has obviously addressed this, trying to use an aftermarket is no good as it has a diag wire aswell that throws a code when no comms from the siren, I tried a 2nd used one & it happened again, bought new version from stealer for £80 fitted myself, dont forget the new nut aswell as its a different size from the current one & jobs a gooden