forge 007 noise!??

Mr.Blonde

Reaction score
Hey,ive got a forge 007 dv and get a noise from it on lift off.i thought this is surpose to be quiet??..i had my car re-mapped yesterday and got told it shouldnt do that and i may have a boost leak in the pipes???..i cant find any leaks tho.

They do make a louder noise once remapped .

mine makes a slight noise especially when its warmer.mines remapped too.

i thought they not meant to make a noise tho??

with it been remapped its running higher boost, which means more presure too get rid off. therefore making it louder than it was not mapped. also if uve fitted a aftermarket panel filter it will also be alot louder.

or the spring could be knackered. mine is silent and is remapped too

mine makes a noise and has a new yellow spring, all new seals and a new piston. its not loud but theres deffo a noise their.

The dv is brand new and it did it before i had it re-mapped.mike who done my re-map said it prob might be a leak in one of the turbo hoses??..i reckon silicone hoses next

sound like you you have a leak if it was making a noise before being mapped.
did they check the boost when it was re mapped or do you have a boost gauge?

no mate,no boost gauge!..is there a way i can check for leaks??..aprt from just looking at them all.which hose is the most common to go?

Mine makes the ever so slight ptssshh noise. Its normal, the sound is exagerated with after markert filters and remaps.

Mine makes a noise, it changes with the spring that is fitted and also the speed with which you left off the throttle when you change gear.

I don't think you have a boost leak...

Gavin

yeah i dont thnk i have a boost leak to!..im gonna replace them with silicone hoses anyway now it has been remappd!.

Nice car
thumb.gif

haha thanks mate!..i wanna change my alloys tho!!..:(

A small dumping sound is normal for the 007. If the standard valve makes lots of noise then it means it's split. This might be what the garage was reffering to.

As mentioned if you have a cone filter you will hear it more.

You can change for a stronger spring or add a few shims to reduce the noise, but don't go to strong as you want to dump pressure to stop the turbo stalling (unless you are into that ford style chopping sound when you change gear :-( ).

Nah the noise dont bother me,i was just asking as i thought it was meant to be quiet.not like a dump valve.

Haha!..how ya doing?..i see you got an S3 now?..

Haha!..how ya doing?..i see you got an S3 now?..

hmm yeeeeah.. after telling myself not too, to stick with the idea of an A4 I just cracked.. tried some insurance quotes et voila, here I am. I have to knock the rear seats everytime I go to carry all my kit, but still. Nice motor!

Bet the 1.8T shifts now! you've got a nice list of mods..