S3 speakers how good are they

Mattgurnett

Reaction score
I have been offeard a set of s3 speakers for my 1.8t sport are the a lot better and why thanx for the help.
Matt

I dont think you will see much improvement to be honest. Do you have the BOSE setup in yours? I must admit, i thought the standard setup was pretty damn good in the audi compared to previous cars ive owned

standard stuff is as follows.....

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!!

That means it aint any good!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
save ya money and get some alpine speakers and head unit....they are fantaz!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

S3 speakers are exactly the same as 1.8T speakers, i.e. shockingly bad. The only difference would be between a Bose & non-Bose system, in which case you can't just swap the speakers. You'd need to get the Bose amp, wiring & sub, and experience that classic muffled Bose sound.
The standard Concert setup in an A3T is one of the worst I have come across in a modern car. My old MkIII GTi had a much better setup, and even the Astra I had (as a Co. car) was significantly better.
You can retro fit Kenwood speakers in any A3 for about £130 (fronts & rears) and get a significant improvement.
Also Dynamatting the doors and rear quarters will improve the tightness of the sound at the same time.

Funnily enough, they look like the speakers that came out of my S3.

Take Andy's advice and change'em. I spent more on the front (MB Quart component) than the back (Alpines), since I sit in the front /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bobb, Andy has demonstrated you can put an amp in the rear quarter panel, out the way. I wouldn't use something like MBs with a std. head unit. Not enough to drive them properly.

MB Quart are FANTASTIC speakers! They cost me £120 fro the fronts alone. a fair amount, but well worth the money!