I'm glad I fix my own cars

HTC

Reaction score
Website
www.b3ta.com
Took my car into audi today for the brake servo supply pipe recall.

I asked if they could just give me the part and I fit it myself, but that was a no go. So I reluctantly hand over my keys.

When I got the car back I instantly opened the bonnet to check it out.

Glad I did, as the pipe hadn't been clipped onto the bulkhead properly, the heat sheild was hanging off and resting on the turbo pipes and they broken numerous clips.

They must have had the new boy working on my car.

Needless to say I had a few words with the service staff, in a polite manner.

I expected more for such a simple task........oh well, rant over.

oh dear, not good, mine is due in for this too, i intend watching them while they do it though, im rather tempted to buy the part myself and take it to someone i can trust though.

Mine was fine, I checked before and after. Unless of course they just cleaned the pipes LOL. That said Stuart, it isnt one pipe, it is a few of them all joined together.

I haven't heard about this brake servo supply pipe recall.Is it A3/ S3 wide recall or was it specific years?
I have a Oct /51 S3 but haven't received any letter!

You probably won't get a letter as yours was probably built after they discovered the problem.

Its to do with varying qualities of plastic used to make the servo vacuum supply pipe.

cheers

shall rest a bit easier.

It sounds like the VAG are trying to skimp on costs and quality. They then find parts are wearing prematurely and then coughing up to rectify the problem. Brake pipes, coil packs, what more???

Theres more. A3s also had a recall for the rear belt tensioners. There was a possibility for them to ignite in the event of a crash........nice!