Best interior mod ever fbmfsw

hharry100

Reaction score
Ooo your petrol and temp gauge are the same angle, i love it when that happens

looks awesome mate,how much it all end up costing ya?

fbmfsw.jpg

fbmfsw2.jpg

yup go on how much and how much work is involved ??????

I spoke to the guy on ebay selling these just this week - he said they couldn't do it yet but were looking into it! Would be interested to hear what problems you had to overcome. Looks good :D

This guy is the MarcQuinlivan of the 8L side of things!

steering wheel looks awesome !!!!

does the controls work with the cd/radio?

Great to see it can be done, nice one Harry that looks Superb!

Airbag would use single stage on the FBMFSW dual stage bag as it does on the 8P pre-2005 cars, facelift 8L switched to canbus so probably made life alot easier on this car, I would like to know if the slip ring & steering wheel control module was used from the 8P or just jigged the current wiring on slip ring etc, no canbus simulators used?

Good job

Thanks for the comments glad you all lovin it, i definitely am especially with the dieselgeek short shift, it feels like a new car. All the controls on the wheel works as they should do and control the RNS-E perfectly. Have just ordered a Audi bluetooth box of tricks which should make the most of my FBMFSW. So far i have spent near £2500 on my interior gadgets which include RNS-E, Alpine digital tunner, Dvd player with usb input, VIM, SDS, FBMFSW, Audi Bluetooth Kit. The FBMFSW was the hardest mod i have done and i spent alot of hours scratching my head:uhm:.

I was able to use the original slip ring with a few modifications and i also wired in a 8P unit with a custom wiring loom, A few modifications were also required to the airbag igniter.

i have installed the diesel geek on mine aswell but havent had the chance to drive it yet!im itching cant wait hopefully get the all clear from hospital this week!

I was able to use the original slip ring with a few modifications and i also wired in a 8P unit with a custom wiring loom, A few modifications were also required to the airbag igniter.

did you take any pics? just noticed you live in west london cant be far from me, thats handy :yes:

WOW!

Is your car the AMK 154kw facelift? If so how did you get the RNS-E to match the Soul Black dash?

Edit: Sorry just noticed your sig - 03 = BAM 165kw and not Soul Black interior.

I would like to buy your car. You selling it soon?

that looks sweet man :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. There must have been some work gone into that !! How much was the wheel dare i ask & what Audi is that from new A4 OR R8 ???. Once again it looks awesome !!!!!!.

that looks sweet man :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. There must have been some work gone into that !! How much was the wheel dare i ask & what Audi is that from new A4 OR R8 ???. Once again it looks awesome !!!!!!.

Wheels can be picked up for about £450 and they are fitted in the 8P S3 along with other models, not to sure but looks like a S-line badge on his, so could be from anything across the facelift range of the A3,A4's etc...

Its from the 8P/TT as only ones with that size & airbag design, rs6 one is same design but is slightly larger, he's probably changed the badge from S3/TTS to this

The R32 interior comes no where near a nice s3 interior, the quality of the audi is superior
:)
Only interior mod i would like to do now is fit bucket seats from the s3 8P.

whats hapening to the r32 golf?

Looking to sell it soon, it's not suitable for my daily commute any more, it wouldn't make sense to keep it.

The R32 interior comes no where near a nice s3 interior, the quality of the audi is superior
:)
Only interior mod i would like to do now is fit bucket seats from the s3 8P.

Having had both the S3 and R32, I'd say the S3's build quality is slightly better but only the seats save it from being really dull. The R32's feels a little more sporty, yet is still well built. Both are very dated now though.