Quattro suspension.

JayMc

Searching for 6th gear
Reaction score
Hi all.
Found a broken rear spring on my '99' a3tq yesterday so am looking into lowering it. Don't want to spend a fortune so going to do just the springs. Found 2 kits from DPM performance Eibach 30/25 and KW 35/30. Has anyone fitted these kits? Would prefer a softer ride if possible. Any other recomendations?

There is a sticky on the suspension, but your best bet is to speak to Damian at DPM, he will give you some good advise on the springs....also have a look at the pics, as it will give you an idea of what it may look like.

The H&R are supposed to be really good too, so maybe worth looking at them as well.

ive got a snapped rear spring on my 2000 quattro,bought a lowering kit and went to have it fitted and it was the wrong kit! not impressed 1 hours labour later which GSF car parts wont re-fund they now say they cant get them for the quattro!

not impressed so now looking to buy some myself ;-)

recently lowered my 2000 quattro,and also found that a rear spring was broken,and was also sold the wrong springs by gsf!!!,i was fitting my own though so didn't lose out on labour costs,i was recommended eibach springs by a mate,but ended up getting apex springs due to the price,there arn't too many kits out there for the quattro,i am happy with them,they are quite soft and the car looks lower that the -30mm drop,do want some slightly stiffer dampers if anyone has any suggestions

recently lowered my 2000 quattro,and also found that a rear spring was broken,and was also sold the wrong springs by gsf!!!,

****** hell funny that is aint it??

wouldnt you think after the first set thats not right they wouldnt sell anymore!! gotta be bad for buissness!:sign_omg:

Seems to be a lack of kits for the quattro compared to the fwd. Slightly concerned about the standard shocks being mated up with the lowered springs though.