Starter Motor

bouncer--daz

A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wanting abit of advise... Ive got the common problem of the bushes going in my starter motor which in turn produces a very annoying 2 second squeel when I start up my car. Ive had the problem since buying the car 2 years ago but Im finally fed up with it and going to get round to fixing the problem.

Just got a quote off my local non audi garage for a new starter motor of £140.

They also recommended a local company to get starter motor refurbed... waiting to get a quote on that though at the moment.

As its a common problem... where have you guys sourced parts from and what sort of prices have you paid?

Found this item on ebay but Im abit dubious: http://motors.shop.ebay.co.uk/items...fromfsb=0&_trksid=m270.l1313#item360069714998

Any info would be great

get one from euro parts, cost me about £60 i think and took me about 2 hours to fit! just a bit of a pain to get one of the bolts out iirc!

Got a recon motor (I think it was recon) from Sahib Autos near Ace Cafe. It's done the job for the past 2 years or so. It wasnt alot if I remember right, but I cant remember exactly, similar figure to Ed's I think.
Didnt take me long either, about 3 bolts.