Whos would be interested in....

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
A front mount intercooler kit specifically for the A3? Im lookin into having them put into production, but need to know if it would be worthwhile or not!

Give me your views and opinions, and also a rough estimate on how much you would be willing to pay for it.

As a rough estimate, the Golf kit from forge is £750+vat/del

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

how much of a difference does it make?

Well, in the summer a big difference. little performance different to winter driving.

The stock IC's are not very efficient, and in the summer, are just plain cr*p!

For anyone considering a turbo upgrae this is a MUST!

If you;ve not owned a turbo car for long, wait til the days are hot... then you will relaise just how much difference cold intake charges make!

A FMIC reduces the intake air temperature. Cooler air goes hand in hand with performance. The higher the intake temperature, the higher the power loss.

Have a look at this charge cooling article, couresy of AmD.

From the article you can see the percentage performance loss as the air intake temperature increases. A FMIC should keep the intake temperature down to about 20-25 degrees C... therefore maining 100% power.

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
A FMIC reduces the intake air temperature. Cooler air goes hand in hand with performance. The higher the intake temperature, the higher the power loss.

Have a look at this charge cooling article, couresy of AmD.

From the article you can see the percentage performance loss as the air intake temperature increases. A FMIC should keep the intake temperature down to about 20-25 degrees C... therefore maining 100% power.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I know! The prices are extautionate! But i guess they have to make back costs of development. I reckon the higest cost is getting the damn things to fit. The forge kit for the golf is very well made and is almost stock looking how the pipework is so tidy.

Rich

i paid a lot for mine and it involved a lot of cutting of the bumper, im impressed with how the performance is still there on hot days, plus it looks ****** good behind the bumper too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif