Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

6disc CD changer problem.

Hello everyone.
    Although I've owned my S3 now for around three years,I completely forgot about joining this site!
    I need some advice about my boot mounted CD changer/Concert head unit.
    In short,I can't get the changer to play CD's.Every time it displays ERR1 for each CD chosen and refuses to play them.According to the handbook,ERR1 indicates dirty or scratched CDs but I have taken them out,cleaned them and still no luck.
    I even resorted to removing the CD from the boot and took it apart and cleaned the lens,but even that didn't cure the problem.
    Is this a common problem with Audi's in general or just this changer?
    I have taken out all the discs and replaced them with new ones and that didn't help either.
    I have a spare JVC Chameleon HU which I can use for now,but will that work with the BOSE set up?
    I plan on changing it all for a Dension MP3 link anyway,but I need to have tunes to listen to,cos the radio just doesn't cut it!
    Any help,greatly appreciated.

PS if anyone has a pic of thier changer in the boot,can you post it,as I seem to be having a problem re-attaching a metal plate that popped out before I got a chance to see where it came from.....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Brum brum

Status
    Worth checking the connections on the lead on the wheelarch near the back of the rear seat. I had this error on mine due to a loose connection.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

Dark Knight

Status

Talking Cd Player

Hi ,

i had the same problem . And its still in the back of the car and doesnt work i just upgraded to a xcarlink which solved my problems no jumps and loads of music on a stick and can still use the standard headunit . The cd players are not very good and i have always had trouble with them in all of my cars . My answer is get rid of it .

Quote Originally Posted by 5vpc View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Although I've owned my S3 now for around three years,I completely forgot about joining this site!
    I need some advice about my boot mounted CD changer/Concert head unit.
    In short,I can't get the changer to play CD's.Every time it displays ERR1 for each CD chosen and refuses to play them.According to the handbook,ERR1 indicates dirty or scratched CDs but I have taken them out,cleaned them and still no luck.
    I even resorted to removing the CD from the boot and took it apart and cleaned the lens,but even that didn't cure the problem.
    Is this a common problem with Audi's in general or just this changer?
    I have taken out all the discs and replaced them with new ones and that didn't help either.
    I have a spare JVC Chameleon HU which I can use for now,but will that work with the BOSE set up?
    I plan on changing it all for a Dension MP3 link anyway,but I need to have tunes to listen to,cos the radio just doesn't cut it!
    Any help,greatly appreciated.

PS if anyone has a pic of thier changer in the boot,can you post it,as I seem to be having a problem re-attaching a metal plate that popped out before I got a chance to see where it came from.....
    Current Audi A3 2.0 TDI New shape
    Audi S3 -MAD / Tax Beater /Forge 007/Stage 2 Vagcheck /
    Mk2 G60 Stage 4 Jabbasport
    Corrado G60 Stage 4 Jabbasport / Porsche Rims / bhp 265/ decat

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    You might want to put this in the ICE forum, you may get a better response there mate.