6disc CD changer problem.

5vpc

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Although I've owned my S3 now for around three years,I completely forgot about joining this site!
I need some advice about my boot mounted CD changer/Concert head unit.
In short,I can't get the changer to play CD's.Every time it displays ERR1 for each CD chosen and refuses to play them.According to the handbook,ERR1 indicates dirty or scratched CDs but I have taken them out,cleaned them and still no luck.
I even resorted to removing the CD from the boot and took it apart and cleaned the lens,but even that didn't cure the problem.
Is this a common problem with Audi's in general or just this changer?
I have taken out all the discs and replaced them with new ones and that didn't help either.
I have a spare JVC Chameleon HU which I can use for now,but will that work with the BOSE set up?
I plan on changing it all for a Dension MP3 link anyway,but I need to have tunes to listen to,cos the radio just doesn't cut it!
Any help,greatly appreciated.:icon_thumright:

PS if anyone has a pic of thier changer in the boot,can you post it,as I seem to be having a problem re-attaching a metal plate that popped out before I got a chance to see where it came from.....:blush::whistle2:

Worth checking the connections on the lead on the wheelarch near the back of the rear seat. I had this error on mine due to a loose connection.

Hi ,

i had the same problem . And its still in the back of the car and doesnt work i just upgraded to a xcarlink which solved my problems no jumps and loads of music on a stick and can still use the standard headunit . The cd players are not very good and i have always had trouble with them in all of my cars . My answer is get rid of it .

Hello everyone.
Although I've owned my S3 now for around three years,I completely forgot about joining this site!
I need some advice about my boot mounted CD changer/Concert head unit.
In short,I can't get the changer to play CD's.Every time it displays ERR1 for each CD chosen and refuses to play them.According to the handbook,ERR1 indicates dirty or scratched CDs but I have taken them out,cleaned them and still no luck.
I even resorted to removing the CD from the boot and took it apart and cleaned the lens,but even that didn't cure the problem.
Is this a common problem with Audi's in general or just this changer?
I have taken out all the discs and replaced them with new ones and that didn't help either.
I have a spare JVC Chameleon HU which I can use for now,but will that work with the BOSE set up?
I plan on changing it all for a Dension MP3 link anyway,but I need to have tunes to listen to,cos the radio just doesn't cut it!
Any help,greatly appreciated.:icon_thumright:

PS if anyone has a pic of thier changer in the boot,can you post it,as I seem to be having a problem re-attaching a metal plate that popped out before I got a chance to see where it came from.....:blush::whistle2:

You might want to put this in the ICE forum, you may get a better response there mate.