Recaros - are they already heated?

sorry - bit off subject. But just the word Dovercourt makes my blood boil!! Take my advice avoid the body shop on Cheltenham road like the plague!!!!! I got a note through the post saying Damon Hill has just bought them out - do you think he knows what he's let himself in for?

I was going to scan that letter in actually to show everyone, but decided not to.. I wonder whether having Damon Hill in charge is actually going to make any difference at all?? Who knows.

Anyway, cold ***** - that's what this thread is about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

its nice having the optional stuff like heated seats on your car, but does anyone actually use heated seats? most of the people i've spoken to tend to liken the experience to having done a big wee in your pants, after having a go of them on a cold day last year i tend to agree. heated floormats and gearknob? now your talking!

Use my heated seats all the time with no sense of having ****** myself!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

This weather now is a must for those seats, as you get a nice warm back as well as your ar*e. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Like it Ben! Funnily enough the thing I find most cold is the steering wheel. I hear some cars have a heated wheel as an option now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You won't find the heat pads in a non heated seat car. Been there tried that.

BTW I also use my heated seats alot during the winter months. I just chuck them on for a short while until about body temp and then turn them off.

Arn't Heated Seats great! Especially as the weather is getting a bit colder....

Are the S3 heated seats just an on or off option unlike the TT which has temp control?

My pending S3 has no heated seats, will I miss them I ask myself?!

[ QUOTE ]
neil.c said:
southern softie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very southern and loving it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

after taking bits of my seat covers off a while ago to clean the seats, the heating elements are under a piece of fabric that is stuck to the foam of the seats, I reckon you could retro fit, but it would be a LOT of work, it would mean taking your ****** expensive seats to bits almost completly to get the base and back pieces of leather / alcantara off!

also I am assuming they use the same foam inserts under the seats, if they don't that'll make it even more hassle.

I would see if you can by some new seats off ebay etc and do it that way!