A3 1.8T PRE-FACELIFT XENON CONVERTION

wezhaz

Reaction score
I've managed to source some of the Hella twin headlamp conversion units which have dipped Xenon and Halogen main beam units and were manufactured in a small number for RHD but never released on the UK market.They come with an aftermarket self leveling kit including sensors and a control unit.Need to look at a washer system for the head lamps and wondered if anyone has done a retrofitting and what would be involved.The bumper has got to come off to mount the lights and ballasts so wanted to do this at the same time to keep the car road legal.Would S3 parts from the same year be suitable or are washers fitted as standard on the facelifted A3 and could be a better way? Any help or pointers to other threads would be appreciated. : /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
allen said:
I've managed to source some of the Hella twin headlamp conversion units which have dipped Xenon and Halogen main beam units and were manufactured in a small number for RHD but never released on the UK market.They come with an aftermarket self leveling kit including sensors and a control unit.Need to look at a washer system for the head lamps and wondered if anyone has done a retrofitting and what would be involved.The bumper has got to come off to mount the lights and ballasts so wanted to do this at the same time to keep the car road legal.Would S3 parts from the same year be suitable or are washers fitted as standard on the facelifted A3 and could be a better way? Any help or pointers to other threads would be appreciated. : /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Allen,

Excellent! you found some! nice one. The A3 washers can be retrofitted, with cutting the holes in the bumper, and then fit the covers. The A3 covers are NOT flush fitting, so you can get away with making the holes yourself as long as yo get them in the correct place!

Do you mind asking where you got the lights from and how much they were?

Cheers

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Authentic Hella units with the ballasts and includes a self leveling system including a wiring loom,control unit and sensors.Look on the Hella site and that is what you get.From the same seller as the above Ebay listing.Also a top class guy to deal with.
http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_uk/HellaLtd/Products/Light/Double_HL/Audi_A3/Audi_A3.jsp
Mine have Xenon dipped beam and halogen main.Different part no.to that listed as Hella decided not to release these RHD units onto the UK market as they said when I contacted them there was no demand in the UK !!!!

[ QUOTE ]
allen said:
Authentic Hella units with the ballasts and includes a self leveling system including a wiring loom,control unit and sensors.Look on the Hella site and that is what you get.From the same seller as the above Ebay listing.Also a top class guy to deal with.
http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_uk/HellaLtd/Products/Light/Double_HL/Audi_A3/Audi_A3.jsp
Mine have Xenon dipped beam and halogen main.Different part no.to that listed as Hella decided not to release these RHD units onto the UK market as they said when I contacted them there was no demand in the UK !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt supprise me in the slightest. They are not made in the UK either.