Dashboard flicking on and off

nickobank

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am having problems with my 2001 tdi A3. In the morning when I start the car the dashboard will not work. Then when I start to drive and drive it for 40+mins it will start to flicker then just work. It seams to be first thing in the morning when the car is cold or late at night. Otherwise when I park the car the alarm will just go off and I have to disconnect the battery. Also I am losing power on the motor way sometimes its just losers power in 5th gear so i turn the car off and on and the power is restored.

I took it to Audi and they said I need the whole dashboard replaced. I said it can not be broke cause it does work, seams to be a power problem, does anybody have an idea what could be the case?

Thank you for taking the time to read this

does anybody have an idea what may be causing this?

cheers

as crazy as it sounds, the answer may be to simply turn down the brightness of the display. If i have my display on full brightness (roller wheel beside headlight switch) then it flickers on and off, turn it down just a tiny bit and it works fine, the switch must have just gone funny.

hope your problem is as simple to fix as mine!!

possibly ignore my comment, just read your post in full rather than the headline, seems you have a bigger problem!!! good luck