S3 WANTED and HELLO

Madmatt

Reaction score
Hello there guys :)

Just fort i'd say HI as im new to this website but as soon as i've joined the S3 ownership club i will be part of the furniture in here lol

Hope everyones cool please be gentle lol

So yer im on the hunt for ideally a Black S3 (could be swayed by a Ming one tho ;-)) with black leather interior but open to suggestions just no cream please!!

All the best and hope to chat to you all in the near future

Matt:salute:

Why no cream?(silver..) personally, I think it looks lush!! Probably a pain to keep clean.. BUT, if you own such car, I beleive it needs keeping on top of anyway.

Welcome to the forum.. I've found myself scratching my head several times since my ownership began (2001, S3), there are lots of knowledgable guys on here. It is advisable however, to search the archives prior to posting questions. Any problem you have, has more often than not been covered before.

Where are you looking for the S3? How much are you hoping to spend? It seems S3's selling very well at the minute (prices have dropped), SO, good time to buy!

Keep us informed with any interest, and be sure to post pictures when you finally pick up your beastie! :D

Also, where abouts are you located?

Enjoy

Welcome, plenty of S3's out there. Search the forum for advice on things to look out for when buying a S3. Recent Cam belt and water pump change, for example.

welcome to the site, good luck with the new car hunt. I prefer black leather especially as the S3 gets older the lighter colours don`t wear as well imo.

oh remember silver is the fastest colour lol

Hi, you after a standard one or modified? pre/post facelift?

I would go for Ming with the white/cream leather simply becuase they look beaut with that combo and the colour of the car stands out more than if the leather was black.

or Black with the black/White (Panda) alcantara.

Having spent the ££££ to get mine upto scratch I would defo buy one pre modded If I were buying all over again.

As others have said prices have come down a lot so you should find a nice clean example with some decent factory options. (Heated Seats / Arm rest / Sunroof / Nav)

Good luck with the search!

Matt, if you DID pick up the 'S3 of your dreams', but it happened to have the Cream seats... let me know. If you were local, I'd be happy to swap! (so long as the condition was tiptop!)

Hibiscus Red > Cream leather. YEP! Yes please.

Good luck with the hunt.

My S3 was the 4th one I saw. Best to wait till you find one your totally happy with.

Isn't AKY selling his S3?

I would say How about this one?..

But looking at it, he's either blind, or damned lazy; some people need to learn HOW TO clean their cars. I count 7 missed patches on that side alone, lol.

2001 Y reg (facelift AMK 210) Black with black leather and all the trimmings may be up for sale soon.

cant sell for another 2 weeks though!

Welcome to the forum....

so your after a black S3 with black leather interior..... good choice as its probably one of the most (if not the most)common colour combinations that you will get.

Tim

my ming blue 2000 reg S3 has black with a slight tinge of blue to the leather, only notice it when the sun shines on it....

Hello guys

woweee thanks for all the replies im touched! didnt realise this site was as popular as it is!

ok i'll try and answer the questions sorry if i forget any:-

preferably facelift if my budget allows, standard or modded im not too fussed prob modded is best but im easy! i wana go for bbs lm reps anyways unless some other wheels pop up dat tickle me.

got about 6.5k but could do more if the right car comes along again im open really just want to get a good one really.

Ok will do on the cambelt and water pump, is that the impellor type problem???

been reading up on here trying to learn so i appologise if i ask something stupid but i'll do searches first!!

really excited about getting an S3 wanted one for ages but money and insurance has never allowed instead i've spent a few years building minis and fiesta lol let the games begin lol

cheers again for all your replys looking forward to chatting again in the future

Matt:icon_thumright:

So anyone else got one up forsale or know of one?? i've been looking everywhere and cant find that many??

Matt

Look down a few posts, "mine is for sale" Sitrials ming blue with black leather and tastful string of all the right mods

Madmatt,

I just put my 02, Ming blue S3 on autotrader last night. I'm in Edinburgh so it probably doesn't suit you anyway. But for everyone else;

02, Ming blue, silver leather, aluminium mirrors, armrest, RS4 alloys, symphony and BOSE stereo with 75k and FASH. The cambelt, pump, etc is all done and approx 14k to next service.

It is on at £7,850 ONO which looks to me like a bargain. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Thanks

Iain

Just a thought couldnt you get a TT 225, for the same price with less miles?? is there much different in the cars except the shell?

Cheers

yes, you will need to have your genitals removed and hormone replacement tablets for at least 12 months before you can drive the TT

yes, you will need to have your genitals removed and hormone replacement tablets for at least 12 months before you can drive the TT
maybe a perm and manicure with that too:hi:

isn't a black S3 with black leather the most boringist combo ever?
still, if that's what you're after, there should be loads of em around.

isn't a black S3 with black leather the most boringist combo ever?
still, if that's what you're after, there should be loads of em around.
lol i wouldnt say so mate!very lively indeed :arco:

its always going to be the most common, that and silver with black leather..... not judging the owners of these cars, just a fact that they are by far the easiest to come by

lol cheers for your replys guys much appreciate them

i have considered Sitrials but the miles are putting me off abit other than that its pretty sorted really

well the problem with the TT idea is like a few of you mentioned i like being a man so doing all the hormone stuff just to drive a TT seems alittle much lol only joking i ride BMX all over the country and other places so having a boot is absolutely essential!!

sorry to be boring with the black on black combo but never had a real decent car before so just thought leather thats nice not a pimp so black and like black cars so thats that lol the silver is pimping but i dont think i could pull it off unfortunately!!other combo will defo be considered tho with the suede mix

Cheers for your replys guys

Hoping to join the clan soon just need to find one

matt:salute:

I like silver cars and I loved the black interior so I went for it. Why not go for what you want.

Black is a lovely colour when looked after and the S3's black interior is one of the nicest Ive seen.

maybe this will help you understand.... :)

Interior2.jpg

woweee both of them are lovely i'd be happy with either if im honest!!!

Leather is harder wearing tho so thats ideally what ill aim for but if that other combo comes up on the right car i definatly wont turn me nose up at it!!

cheers

Matt

well id obviously post pics of my silver/cream examlple but i get that excited i cant hold the camera steady:wub:

Tim, with the silver/cream interior, are the doorcards/armrest leathers the same or different to the like sof a black car?

heh, basically.. if I were to make a swap with cream leather, would anything in my black interior look out of place?

Still looking for one guys so if any of you are selling holla at your boy lol

Seriously though i've looked at more S3's than i care to count and most have been well painted skips lol none off this forum though i might add!

Take care guys

Keep looking! When you find the right one for you then you'll just know. Don't settle for anything you don't want 100%.

It took me ages to find mine. I was looking for a Nagaro Blue S3, 225BHP early facelift and was looking for around 80k miles on the clock so it would be affordable.

I've ended up with a fantastic 2002 Absolute Red S3, 225BHP, mid facelift, 18" TTRS alloys with stunning leather interior. It had 49k miles on the clock. I got it for a smidgeon under £10k. From a garage too so when the alternator started going faulty it got replaced. Twice. Steering rack has just been replaced and Audi owe me a new set of alloys for kerbing mine so badly it looks like it's going to be pointless repairing.

Apart from these few minor problems (I have a 1.6 sport run around for another few weeks till I get the S3 back so no loss there) then I've found an absolutely perfect car. :) I'm well chuffed!

Only thing I'd have liked is cruise control and integrated satnav to make it look better and due to the fact I'll be spending long periods driving for work and pleasure. They'll be next on the agenda, along with a possible remap and Milltek exhaust to bring it upto 265~BHP. Insurance is due to be renewed though. Due to my age it's a bit of a sting, but such is life when I have such a great car at my age! :)

Just noticed after thinking about it. Someone on another forum told me the alloys were called TTRS alloys, but sounds a bit weird with the new TT out. What were the alloys called?

Picture of my car attached. :)

s3.jpg

Cheers for your reply dude shows i gota keep the faith lol

yer totally agree mate been looking for a while now and i wont give up just abit de-motivating keep looking at motors getting told there good then seeing them and realising its a dog etc but i'll keep going till i find the perfect one!!

Well happy for you that you found one that is as good as you mention sounds like a lovely motor and bet its a total pleasure to drive, im looking forward to that!!

Take it easy

How can somebody justify paying 10k for a 2002 S3? You can pick a 2005 Golf GTI for around that price with the same mileage!

The extra's on it. It has almost everything bar the satnav and cruise control. Was bought almost 9 months ago. Was the best offer at the time with 49k. Next best example was London at the time but seeing as I live in the North of Scotland so that was out of the question...

I'm happy and don't regret spending a penny. Thats all that matters to me! :)

How can somebody justify paying 10k for a 2002 S3? You can pick a 2005 Golf GTI for around that price with the same mileage!

Perhaps he wanted an S3 and not a Golf?