Badger5EM Tuning

Thread: Reverse lights

Neutral

Status

Reverse lights

I've noticed the last couple of days that when i put the car in reverse the reverse lights were flickering and going on and off, and last night i didnt have any at all.
    The bulbs are fine so was thinking the problem is the reverse light switch itself. Anyone had to change this before, if so is it an easy job to do? Just going to pop down to TPS to try and get one now.
    A3 1.8T Sport - KO3S, Revo stage 1 - Forge 007P - Forge TIP - Neuspeed Induction Kit

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    yeah had similar prob,didnt change it myself,but is a quick and easy job to,my one had to be changed from underneath the car
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Probably the reverse light switch, i think its located somewhere near the gearbox...

6th Gear

Status
    Mine did the same then eventually went. Reverse light switch

3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

4th Gear

Status
    I had the same but it was the wires where they went into the connector, they broke off. I bought a new connector and wire from Audi and soldered them on.
    03 Ebony black S3, Dieselgeek short shift, its started..

Neutral

Status
    what an absolutly ridiculous place that switch is, took me ages to get to it and once I got there it wasn't the switch, it was the wires that go into the connector, one of them has broken so need to get a new connector and rejoin the wires to it.
    A3 1.8T Sport - KO3S, Revo stage 1 - Forge 007P - Forge TIP - Neuspeed Induction Kit

4th Gear

Status
    You need to get the connector and the pins separate. You get 2 pins joined by a piece of wire. You need to cut the piece of wire in half which gets you the 2 pins for the connector and then you can solder or crimp the new bits of wire to the originals. If one wire into the connector has broken the other won't be far behind. One dealer told me that you couldn't buy the connector on its own and that you could only get it as part of a loom, tried another dealer and they ordered in the connector and the pins with the wire no problem was about 10 from memory.
    03 Ebony black S3, Dieselgeek short shift, its started..