Headlight Condensation

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey peeps,

Strange one! Since washing the car Sat, my driver side headlight has quite a lot of condensation in it.. and refuses to clear since Sat. It's not been the warmest weather but still. Very bizzare never had it before! (Its a facelift 01)

Any ideas what I can do, what it could be?

Cheers

I had to same on mine.
I used my full beam as much as possible and waited for a dry weekend for the light to dry out itself.
If you open the bonnet and remove the short black rubber seal above the headlight, you should see two small metal clips slide these off. I then sealed the seem between the clear lens and the backing with silicon. Then replace the clips. This worked for me, i have no idea if there is any way that the light can leak underneath as i have never taken the headlight right out. Just try this first as its the easiest thing.

Thanks, had a butchers last night... Took the clips of they seem really tight and fine... Gaps on the top seem good to but will seal them for exta caution as you suggested with a sealer... Odd thing is condensation is nearer the bottom of the headlight and covers 40% of the light - not good! Still not dried out at all yet.

Anyone know where the vent holes are on these so I can check if there blocked?

Cheers