Electric window motor!!??

S3mad

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Hi all ,

Just got a window motor and connected up to power and when i try the switch down its fine ! . But when i click up it wont go up and if i keep trying up it just goes down again im looking at the motor the way it moves .

What could this be dodgy switch ? or dodgy motor ??

anyone ?

i just wanted to know if its worth getting a switch to see if this fixes this as strange that the motor goes down and not up using the switch . Remember the motor is not connected up to the window mech at the moment !

anyone got a spare motor or know the best place to buy one cheap ??

try using a diff switch or messing about with a few wires to simulate the up signal (if you get my meaning?!)

******!!!! It's gotta be a duff motor then, mines playing at the mo, think its on its way out as well :puke:

Dammit i need one looking for a second hand one now ....

No point in a brand new one

Thanks but its the motor not the regulator !
Any money it's the broken blue plastic bit that's in that guide which is your problem. It causes your symptom.

No mate . I took the whole motor off the regulator the motor wont go up . But i managed to get the regulator moving as its not that .

Any money it's the broken blue plastic bit that's in that guide which is your problem. It causes your symptom.

Definition of irony: This exact same thing happened to me this evening!!

Window went down and wouldn't come back up. Took out motor and it still wouldn't go up. Was gonna just give up and buy a new one but I seem to have a good knack for these kinda things!! I think I solved the problem and traced it to a bad connection. If you take out the 4 small torx screws that hold the small control module on (were the wires go in) you should find a small circuit board that will pull out. I think that where the bottom of the board connects to the motor was dirty. I cleaned everything up with some contact cleaner, incl taking the metal housing off the motor (make sure you put this back on the right way round or the motor will run back to front!) and hey presto it all works fine again!

Hi ,

I will have to try this .

Thanks

Definition of irony: This exact same thing happened to me this evening!!

Window went down and wouldn't come back up. Took out motor and it still wouldn't go up. Was gonna just give up and buy a new one but I seem to have a good knack for these kinda things!! I think I solved the problem and traced it to a bad connection. If you take out the 4 small torx screws that hold the small control module on (were the wires go in) you should find a small circuit board that will pull out. I think that where the bottom of the board connects to the motor was dirty. I cleaned everything up with some contact cleaner, incl taking the metal housing off the motor (make sure you put this back on the right way round or the motor will run back to front!) and hey presto it all works fine again!