Gearbox Leakage! Help please

Reaction score
Howdy peeps.

My gearbox is dead! On arrival at my work, pulled up to the barriers and when I put it into first, I heard a knock but the car drove fine, reversed into a parking spot and after pulling up noticed a trail of oil. Checked it out and my gearbox was split and leaking oil all over the show. Got my mechanic to come and have a look and he just comfirmed the worst. Gearbox needs replacing.

I'm trying to source a reconditioned one, as I've heard that this can be a common fault and don't want to risk a second-hand one. I've searched in find-a-part, a trader cous of mine is gonna look into it, as is my mechanic. Any other suggestions as to where I could get one from? And more importantly how much I should be paying? Any help would be much appreciated.

Had a mission towing the f****er home. Taught me for not having breakdown cover.:keule:

have you tried ebay? there are some sellers who sell reconditioned ones

BTW, for what car is it?

its a 1999 1.6 sport btw, I've seen the ebayer whose selling recon ones. Gonna be a pricey do........is there anything I should make sure of when buying it? Also thinking of getting the clutch changed as it will need it soon. Car's done 95k. Ah well....