Went shopping the weekend....

<£50K with aircon - dream on! There are plenty of peole around who have paid £50k for a "standard" M3. There is no way that BMW will put the car out at that kind of price.

yes i have a deposit down
yes i will buy it at less than £60k

the gt3, in my opinion its nearest competitor, will be around £74k. the csl is going to be around £15k less. Now i could afford the gt3 but realy like the look of the csl and 15 grand is 15 grand.
limited numbers, if confirmed, would guarantee exclusivity. as for focused road cars; bring em on. i dont like soft, family cars, if i did i would have bought a 320 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/finger.gif (shoot me down now) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/finger.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Its immoral if a dealer takes deposit money for a car they haven't heard about, the manufacturer hasn't even suggested is going into production.

There can be no waiting list as the giving of your details was to receive information only. You were the first to go to the dealership to register possible interest, that should be all at least until the car has been confirmed by the manufacturer/importer(BMWGB)

[/ QUOTE ]

Immoral maybe but it's a fact and quite common. I have now double checked with the dealership and they do not consider it wrong to have taken my £500 (which would have been 1000 if i was not a current customer)

It's no different with other manufacturers. I had to give 1000 with AFN for a C4S where the details of the UK car were not known. It is surely common when a car is potentially going to be in demand to try and establish the seriousness of enquiry.
Although Aston dealers are asking for nothing yet on the DB8 there was talk of money having to be paid before the final details of the car is known. I havent been asked by reading dealer yet....

And I think I have found a decent A3T... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

when i started to talk 'pound notes' with the dealer he mentioned that it would be wise getting GAP insurance (in case the car is written off, it will apparently make up the insurance value on the loan) as well as having it 'Autoglymd'

now the Autoglym on face value seems like a bit of a scam, is it just basically a good polish?

I was quoted an extra £500 for the above two.

Views/opinions please folks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dean.

He'll try and sell you the GAP insurance as hes on comission for selling it.

Depends on how often you have crashes and how many miles you do .. I went for it on my last car.. never used it ( mind it only cost me 200 quid.. 500 quid seems a little steep). Didn't go for this time.. though.

In my opinion the Autoglym is a waist of money - I presume it is the same as Diamond Bright, if so you can buy it off ebay for about £20. It only takes a few hours to apply and it will save you a fortune.

I thought as much guys, just needed some folks in the know to confirm it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm pushing my budget with the car I looked at anyway so dont really want to spend any more if I can help it