car died after alarm!

jonahjones

Reaction score
Hey all
U hope someone can help!
Basically have an A3 S3 2003! It my other half which he lets me drive all the time as he has the works van!
But after what mus6t be the highest ever number of problems:banghead: to get in the 2 years he has had it another 1 occured today! resulting in me not being able to drop off tools to him and him losing 3 hours of his day by having to come and pick them up- so he is not happy!:asskicking:

So I went out to the car pushed the key fob and nothing happened! went closer to the sensor it unlocked- or so i thought, opened the door put some stuff in car then went to the boot which was still locked! checked passenger side that was also locked still!
so I pushed it again- nothing i tried to lock it nothing, then the alarm started to sound. i pushed the key fob and it stopped. put the key in the ignition and nothing no power no radio no central locking its all dead!
I assume it is the immobiliser but what can I do to fix it?
i have tried the key in the door lock or ignition whilst holding in the button, i have tried the button on the drivers door to reset then locking and waiting, i have tried the other key we have.
Nothing works please help:sos: or i may have to leave the country lol and i have read the manual:rtfm: but cant find anything else of use either!
thanx guys
Chloe

You say you have tried the other key and that doesnt work either, is the battery on the car ok??

Sounds like it may be dead, if you can get into the car, do the lights inside come on, do they look normal or very dull, are you getting any lights on the dash, eg, mileage/date/time etc??

Have you tried to start the car??

Yes I'd say completely fcuked battery. I'm guessing it's the original and at 5 years old would be due to be changed.
If the battery is dead, nothing will work.

yeah prob the battery the alarm goes off when it is about to completely die, happened 2 me before

Hey let us know how you get on, best thing to do is change the battery as a starting point and go from there.

New battery or at least a recharge. Did you leave anything on like lights last time you parked up.

Beware other possible glitches when you get it powered back up. My battery got low and actually set the alarm off. I started it with a jump and then the DIS started up light a christmas tree, bonging and flashing away. When fully charged it still did it, no vag com faults, so just disconnected the battery for half a day and it was all fine again. But it took half a day of disconnect to do it, a quick 5 minutes was not enought (too much residual current in the ecus etc??

You'll have to be extra nice to your other half when he gets home now, won't you!! LOL

Looks like the car is working now and she has gone for an almighty cruise to keep that battery charged........:tumble: