Introduction and a couple of Q's.

1600sport

Reaction score
Hi All,

I became the proud owner of a 1998(S) Audi A3 1.6 Sport in silver with an incredible 15,000 miles on the clock on Friday.

I just have a few questions to ask you guys:

Insurance
Does anyone know a decent insurance company, the best I've been quoted in by Admiral £1800, is that the best I will be able to find for my age (18) with No NCB?

Remote Locking
I've been looking this up, my car currently has Key Central Locking (with Auto Closure after 5 secs), I would like remote locking, and phoned my local Audi (Gilders Audi Sheffield) but they said they can't do it themselves. Is the Votex system the only choice I have? I would prefer Remote Locking on Genuine Audi Keys.

Anyway I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Mike

[ QUOTE ]
1600sport said:
Remote Locking
I've been looking this up, my car currently has Key Central Locking (with Auto Closure after 5 secs), I would like remote locking, and phoned my local Audi (Gilders Audi Sheffield) but they said they can't do it themselves. Is the Votex system the only choice I have? I would prefer Remote Locking on Genuine Audi Keys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if the Audi Keys can be retro fitted and but I don't think it would fincially sensible to do it anyway. The vortex system from VAGPARTS does the job very well and is reasonably priced.

mate that quote aint to bad! 1st time driver in a 1.6 rememba! Im currently with Adrian Flux. Mine was £2k with 2 years ncb! Give them a ring!

theres a meet this sunday in Donnington area if you wanna go! see post in meets section. (i went yesterday by mistake and I set the friggin date!!!)hehe