Problem with opening boot

Shug1874

Reaction score
Couple days ago, suddenly found I couldn't open the boot any other way than with remote.
When I open the car I can hear a wee motor or something whirring away near the boot for a lot longer than it used to.
Obviously somethings screwed. Can anyone identify what? (and provide a nice easy cheap fix ;) )

Well it has a microswitch on the boot if its the facelift 01 onwards, so this can go faulty, when you touch the microswitch does it make the very quiet click & the motor makes the noise, if you dont hear the microswitch click on touch then its either a new microswitch or full lock, the boot release on remote doesnt use the microswitch just the motor so seems to point directly to the switch, does show in etka a switch part so might be able to replace this seperately, check with Audi part number : 8D9 959 489 or the whole lock is 8D9 827 565 H, but see if microswitch is working 1st.

In ETKA under A3 2002 image 827-40 parts 41 & 44 as some parts guys are thick.

Car was registered june 2001. No idea if its facelift or not. How can you tell?

are the headlights one piece with the indicators within or 2 piece, 1 piece is facelift, should be facelift given date.

Facelift it is!

purchase.JPG