A3 rear Seat Belts

samuelt

Reaction score
hi

I have just purchased a A3 (8P) Sportback after having a A4 B6 for 2 1/2 years. My 8P has standard fit ISOFIX in the rear, unlike my 2002 A4.

In its place my A4, Golf mark 4's and I am hoping 8L A3's had a great rear seatbelt feature, it allowed you to pull the seat belts in the rear fully out and then they would ratched back in locking any item (in my case a child seat) in place until the seatbelt was undone and fully retracted. I am guessing Audi droped this once they started fitting ISOFIX.

Has anyone used this in a 5door A3? can some one check for me that it has this feature? If 8L's have this is there any differenace between the rear of an 8L and 8P as i really want to get a set of these belts.

thank you
Toby

Not sure if it helps or not but my S3 does it on the front passenger seat belt, but I don't know about the rears sorry.

hi j4jon thanks for telling me that, if you get a chance to check the rears i would be very greatfull.

Ok, just been out to test the rear belts for you and......

Yes the rear belts do have the ratchet on them. As to whether you could fit them to an 8P I don't know, sorry.