Programming S3 Concert Sterio For Phone??

pazaz

Reaction score
Hello There!!

Also posted this on the ICE catergory too.

I am trying to install a parrot LS3200 bluetooth hands free kit into my 2001 S3.

I have purchased the correct ISO adaptors to fit it but now installed its all working correctly however when the sterio mutes to make/recieve a call nothing can be heard through the speakers.

I have been advised by the sellor of the ISO adaptor that the sterio needs to be programmed for Phone??

Is this possible and if so anybody know how I can do this??

Thanks in advance

Have you tried going through the various menus on the HU? I think there are some settings for car kits in there.

Would you or anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

mine never needed programming. Have you got the wires the right way round in the ISO?

ok you dont need to buy any additonal ISO's as parrot supply the correct type..... there should be a seperate connection for whivch you'll need to make up a phone mute cable and attach...its normally 1 of 3

once you have found this connection your parrot will tell the stereo when to mute for the phone....whoever told you it needs programming is talking crap and hasnt a clue about this HU

Ok now im really confused lol ??

Is it possible to wire it up with the wires the wrong way around? thought there was only one way it went?

I was told i needed the ISO adaptor instead of the cables that came with the Parrot. Is this not true and the cable provided with the Parrot should fit and work?

Cheers

Do you have BOSE.........? If so, it can play havoc with the parrot kits if you dont know what you're doing. I belive its due to the "ohmage" of the speakers.

It is possible to do it though but I think it will only play through the front speakers not all 4 as non bose will.

I would wait til monday if I were you and riing a few installers to get advice.

I have bose in my S3 and just connected the parrot using the wiring harness that came with it. As I have an 03 plate and have CAN bus I had to find a switched power to turn the kit on and off but that was it. The option in the HU allows you to select if the voice comes out of the drivers or passenger side speaker. Both this one and the one in my old A3 the voice only comes out of the one speaker. Like I said the S3 has bose but the A3 did not.

i have a nokia bluetooth carkit which was installed when i got the car,

The only thing ive seen close to this is when i logged into the stereo using vagcom and changed it to "BOSE" the bt stopped working and was stupidly quiet (was coming out of 1 tweeter only)

Also when you log into it with vagcom i am sure there are options for a phone for the coding.

Ok now im really confused lol ??

Is it possible to wire it up with the wires the wrong way around? thought there was only one way it went?

I was told i needed the ISO adaptor instead of the cables that came with the Parrot. Is this not true and the cable provided with the Parrot should fit and work?

Cheers

The Parrot kit comes with the ISO connectors to do the job....aS j4JON said, you should only need to trace an ignition feed which can be easily attained under the steering column.... a series of bolts with a few cables appearing from them!!

You should have 3 mute wires hanging loose from the parrot kit, you will need to locate the mute/telephone connection at the back of the HU (on the double DIN unit it is 1 pin hidden within a group of pins, not sure about the single DIN unit).... trial and error will tell you which mute cable it is, you'll need to call someone whilst linked to the kit when doing this or play music on the phone.

Tim

my installer told me the ck6100 I have would need a tweak to get it to work with bose, or it only comes out the tweaters...

think thats something to do with only linking to the HU instead of the amp which is in the boot isnt it?....it must default to the tweeters

my old car and this one (different Audi HU's) both played out of both front speakers with no messing at all for reference