Private Reg Plates

AxE

Reaction score
Im looking for a private reg plate for my a3T. Been looking for A3 AXE but not found it anywere yet. Any of u know of any decent sites?

Cheers.

just google mate....what i would say is that if you find a reg that you want...check the DVLA as i originally went in the exchange and mart, picked the biggest advert.... spoke to someone about reg's and agreed a decent one that i liked.... i checked DVLa before purchase

DVLA £250inc transfer
Other firm £1100 plus £80 trans fee.....robbing b***rds

yep what 1animal1 said, other firms advertise plates that they dont own they just purchase them off DVLA and sell for a huge mark up....

Nice one.

Nearest one on DVLA sites B3 AXE for £399, **** that.

Ill keep looking though.

the one i have has gone upto £399

**4UDY

meant to say AUDI but looks pretty crap given the mandatory spaces we have to have now

Nice one.

Nearest one on DVLA sites B3 AXE for £399, **** that.

Ill keep looking though.

I paid £250 for R500 LOW of the DVLA, i originally wanted S3 LOW.....

Seen a few 666 AXE for 250 tempted on getting something like that.

Also saw AUD1X on DVLA site under the auction bit bet thats worth abit.

Is there much of a market for reselling private plates if you don't want them any longer? I don't suppose you can sell them back to the DVLA, so is it just a case of putting them up on ebay and then filling in the forms if you get a buyer?

Ive just brought my plate from RegTransfers - I believe they buy from the end users, to sell on. BUT, I think it may be worth selling it yourself if you can. RT's offer very little iirc.

Brought and payed for a month ago, I have the physical plates, just waiting for the paperwork to say "yes, you're allowed to fix them to the car".

grr.

J11 MHH ;)

I've been trying to get A3 FTW for ages. No such luck :(

thats cos the FTW is probably the main thing people are looking at, the A3 isnt really unique or hard to get id imagine

Seen an Audi 80 Cabrio thing round Southamton that did had the plate of AUD 180 (Spaced AUD1 80) which looked cool!

I was gonna buy S 80LLX for a laugh but mine came with an MTM plate

Someone on here had S3 0RGY which I thought was hillarious!

PMSL!!

On the subject of spacing...........
Just got nicked for mine....N1 11 PMM. I didn't realise the porkries could give you points now for illegally spaced plates!!!

Didnt realise they could either, thought it was a VDR and Producer form? Technically the misplacing of digits etc is a Customs and Excise issue as its to do with the evasion of possibly penalties and tax's

Ive yet to have any trouble with mine, even when I had my LHD Golf with its original German plates I never got hassles

It comes under the miscilanious (soz, cant spell) offence code and carries anything between 3-6pts and/or a fixed penalty! Don't ask me how the **** that one works!!!

As per my wheels post Ryan....You're going to need to change your signiture...LOL

It gets changed periodically anyway dependant on how creative I feel, sure I can come up with something just as funny and/or offensive!