Window Stuck !!

S3mad

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Hi All ,

i clicked the window down tonight and it just went down and wouldn't get back up . I can hear it clicking but it wont turn the motor and go up . What can i do ??

Buy a new S3 ?

or search window clip, very very cheap fix, couple of quid

lol its making a clicking noise when press up and down so is the motor ok ?

and how easy is the fix anyone done it ?

Motor is fine,

you have to take the sub frame out, theres a thread here somwhere with pictures

Thanks do i need anything more other than the clips which i have luckily bought all ready !

Motor is fine,

you have to take the sub frame out, theres a thread here somwhere with pictures

Thanks do i need anything more other than the clips which i have luckily bought all ready !

tools, umbrella as it might rain. and a coffee oh and keep some plasters near by, you will see blood

Thanks ,

ill give it a go if not ill leave it to my mate .... ****** it

tools, umbrella as it might rain. and a coffee oh and keep some plasters near by, you will see blood

Whats the best way to get the window up quick as its ****** heavy with rain and i just want to get it shut ...

If part of the window is sticking up out of the door you can grab it at the part near the rear of the door and pull it up whilst operating the window switch.

You may have to do the same from the front end depending on which clip has broken.

HTC ,

When i push the switch all it does is click each way nothing happens apart from that ?

If part of the window is sticking up out of the door you can grab it at the part near the rear of the door and pull it up whilst operating the window switch.

You may have to do the same from the front end depending on which clip has broken.

HTC ,

When i push the switch all it does is click each way nothing happens apart from that ?

what would that be ?

this happened on my mates car this week took door card off and tried pulling it was absolutly stuck took into garage thinking it was the usual clip problem, but was motor and regulator cost £360 with labour ouchh!

and yep his was clicking too but thats not the motor, its the switch

The motor was working fine as im sure its a new one .....

Im sure its stuck because something has come off ??

this happened on my mates car this week took door card off and tried pulling it was absolutly stuck took into garage thinking it was the usual clip problem, but was motor and regulator cost £360 with labour ouchh!

have you had any trouble like the window loosing its memory?
and going up say half way and stopping before it got stuck?

i have it going up half way then back . The motor was replaced on this side in may this year !!!!

have you had any trouble like the window loosing its memory?
and going up say half way and stopping before it got stuck?

ok so the window is moving under its own power?

yep defo 4 bolts have a proper look at whats missing or broken hopefully something easy like the regulator or clip not the motor good luck its rainning outside!!

Yes its raining anyone fancy helping me for some cash !!!!

why did it happen on the worst day !!

yep defo 4 bolts have a proper look at whats missing or broken hopefully something easy like the regulator or clip not the motor good luck its rainning outside!!

where you from? you could always try clingfilm for a day!

I have used dustbin bags for now lol ,

so annoying stuck in now !!

will have to wait for my mate the audi tech

where you from? you could always try clingfilm for a day!