Remapped S3 v's Civic Type R EK9

S3 Wannabe

Reaction score
Wouldn't normally post about a race with another car, however must admit I was very impressed with my S3 last night up against this fast little fu(ker!

Going uphill on a dual carriageway (from single and overtaking a lorry) starting at 40 I closed the gap from around 8-10 metres to sittin just off his bumper (up to around 110). We slowed at the top to around 85. As we went down the other side he booted it, I left it in 6th (just to see) and enivitably he slowly pulled away to about 20metres in front before his number plate flew off and nearly hit me! (I nearly **** my pants as we were doing over 120 by then!)

Further down the road I flashed him and he pulled over, explained what had happened and he didn't seem to fussed (more concerned he may have damaged my car! -How considerate!). As we left the lay by (me first) he stayed with me (rather than go back for the plate) and at the next roundabout I booted it again, pulling away from him pretty easily up to a ton.

May sound like about of saddo posting this, however it made me smile all the way to bed!!!!

:s3addict:

yep they are quick little cars

All on private roads, I assume...:icon_thumright:

Of course! I just happen to live on a large estate, it's called Cornwall.

Unfortunately when I relayed the story to the wife on getting home, she was nowhere nearly as impressed as I was.:asskicking:

In a straight line and on an incline, you would have him licked, since he has very little torque from his 1.6VTEC, it would be a different story on a racetrack, where EK9's can carry silly speeds on turns an S3 can only dream of. I still prefer my S3 as a daily road car though. :racer:

S£;607385 said:
Type R 1.6 ?????:p

haven't heard of one of them? must be a fuel saving model eh Joe :eyebrows:

took you ten minutes to reply were you checking? :laugh:

what bhp is yours and what was his ?

could he keep up with you . I don't like honda's i had some fun with a honda type r integra the other day he had no chance .....

Wouldn't normally post about a race with another car, however must admit I was very impressed with my S3 last night up against this fast little fu(ker!

Going uphill on a dual carriageway (from single and overtaking a lorry) starting at 40 I closed the gap from around 8-10 metres to sittin just off his bumper (up to around 110). We slowed at the top to around 85. As we went down the other side he booted it, I left it in 6th (just to see) and enivitably he slowly pulled away to about 20metres in front before his number plate flew off and nearly hit me! (I nearly **** my pants as we were doing over 120 by then!)

Further down the road I flashed him and he pulled over, explained what had happened and he didn't seem to fussed (more concerned he may have damaged my car! -How considerate!). As we left the lay by (me first) he stayed with me (rather than go back for the plate) and at the next roundabout I booted it again, pulling away from him pretty easily up to a ton.

May sound like about of saddo posting this, however it made me smile all the way to bed!!!!

:s3addict:

Good on ya wannabe, know the exact same feeling....especially when you've had a couple of different runs at it.......

Nice, you best just hope DBX-Darkangel doesn't take a peek at this thread or he'll go off on one... again :lmfao:

Yup, Honda Civic Type R EK9's are 1.6, I think you guys need to do some research. Google 'EK9' and see what you find. ;)

My bad!!! :undwech: I know what you mean now, i just automatically assumed a new civic... forgot about those oldschool ones!

yea always like a good story. i had a play round with a focus st on private grounds the other day he didnt like the look of me when i passed him!

i think that this type of thread could be quite healthy in that you dont feel the need to take on a car that you know you'll beat..... your more inclined to play around at lower speeds annoying them.....

or am i making excuses :lmfao:

Just thought I'd add to this, I tend not :whistle2:to partake in such shananigans unless im in the mood but a RX8, Lexus IS220, Vovlo S60, Merc 180 Komp all came close in various private meetings... Obvioulsly the S3 came through :salute:. Sure they are not the quickest of cars but they did give me something to think about in terms of mapping mine to make sure it never happens again!

The Volvo and RX8 were the faster ones, maybe they were trying harder?

Hi ,

So you beat a RX8 isnt that 231bhp ? Your running standard 210 ?

Anyway you should get yours mapped more fun :)

Just thought I'd add to this, I tend not :whistle2:to partake in such shananigans unless im in the mood but a RX8, Lexus IS220, Vovlo S60, Merc 180 Komp all came close in various private meetings... Obvioulsly the S3 came through :salute:. Sure they are not the quickest of cars but they did give me something to think about in terms of mapping mine to make sure it never happens again!

The Volvo and RX8 were the faster ones, maybe they were trying harder?

Hi ,

Yes, on a long run from the airport... he came up beside gave me one of those looks... then failed to pass me... it was v close though!!! didnt know it had more power, might be different at the traffic lights then.

I plan to map it soon!!!!

Hi ,

Not all RX8's are 231, they do the smaller 192bhp too !!
My mate had the 231 and off the lights their quick, mines been remapped and i sat with him up to high speeds till their was 2 lanes and i went passed him, if mine had been standard i wouldn't like to predict the outcome....it was quick !!

What's an EK9? They must be serious.

Btw... RX8's have s0d all low end power. So you'd be pulling away so early on, that you'd be metres ahead by the time they started to stretch their legs.

yup ive had a go with an RX8..... i didnt get the feeling the power was as useable in his as he tried accelerating from about 40 upto god knows what, i was behind him with no problems at all - that was pre-map

What's an EK9? They must be serious.

Btw... RX8's have s0d all low end power. So you'd be pulling away so early on, that you'd be metres ahead by the time they started to stretch their legs.

Christ, how can you not know what an EK9 is, you have an EP3 Type R in your sig, EK9 is the Chassis code for the original Japanese only Civic Type R which was followed by the Integra Type R(DC2), which are basically road legal track cars. :thumbsup:

Christ, how can you not know what an EK9 is, you have an EP3 Type R in your sig, EK9 is the Chassis code for the original Japanese only Civic Type R which was followed by the Integra Type R(DC2), which are basically road legal track cars. :thumbsup:

:laugh: That's my wife's car. On that note, I do like the Integra's.

Wouldnt go as far as a road legal track car. I dont like vtec, gets tiring very quickly.

Ek9's lovely motors, serious drivers car and nice raw power. 185bhp from a 1.6 not bad eh :)

23004530%5B1%5D.jpg

Love them to bits but no way would i have one over an S3! and :D by the way!

I don't like them a few mates have them and think they are the ****** they dont look nice and they think they can beat anything in them lol

Ek9's lovely motors, serious drivers car and nice raw power. 185bhp from a 1.6 not bad eh :)

23004530%5B1%5D.jpg

dont mind them, especially the special edition F1 they did...cant remember the team that messed with it

Had a go against 1 in my old 1.8T 150brake and that only just managed it

dont mind them, especially the special edition F1 they did...cant remember the team that messed with it

Had a go against 1 in my old 1.8T 150brake and that only just managed it

lol you do chat sh*t,You managed to beat a car that does 0-60 in 6.5 secs in your tank that does it in 9secs?

oh wait dont tell me its the way you put the power down?

lol you do chat sh*t,You managed to beat a car that does 0-60 in 6.5 secs in your tank that does it in 9secs?

oh wait dont tell me its the way you put the power down?

When he said the F1 model, he's on about the limited Edition Yellow Honda Civic Jordan's which ran the standard 1.6 VTEC(B16A?), the Type R had the hardcore B16B with 185BHP. It's a bit of an art to drive Vtecs quick, keeping the engine above 5k revs is the only way to keep things in the Vtec zone which can be a bit tiring out on the public road.