vagcom today....

yellowgti

Whats going to break next??...
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.fastcarcentral.co.uk
Well huge thanks to kev (oldskool) as hes been kind enough to help find my problems today, my indicators have started playing up like a power surge which basically makes then work when they want and flash all sorts of ways but my hazard lights are working fine and also got a problem with my factory fitted alarm and immobiliser after trying reset the key codes its still not working, Anyway started off we went through the whole system and basically it came up with about 30 faults 22 of which seem to be with the alarm sensors and a few other alarm trigger issues, only thing that keeps coming back since we cleared them is the alarm horn missing as it doesnt work im looking for a replacement but at main dealers price £80 + vat think i need to win the lottery first so for now its scrapyard hunting for one of them but although the vagcom didnt bring up any faults with the indicators and its clear that theres a problem does anybody else agree that it sounds like the hazard light button? apparently it all works through that? if so il get one, anybody who fancies a mess with the alarm / keyfob(maybe the problem is linked??) or any recommended garages will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance guys and Kev thanks again dude :respekt:

managed to find a new hazard switch at crewe audi so going fetch it today and hopefully that will be indicators sorted! will keep you posted ;-)