is this right? (another where's this go thread!)

btmotorsport

Soon be christmas!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Whilst messing about changing my crank sensor yesterday (1.8 turbo AGU) i noticed a loose hose near the turbo intake pipe. There is a small metal pipe that points upwards from the turbo end, this had nothing on the end of it, but next to it was what looked like a vac pipe that runs round the back of the engine bay, and joins up with a pipe that go's into the throttle body. I have reconnected this pipe (as shown in the photo) and the cars seems to be running ok although there is now much less noise from the turbo when you back off. God knows why the previous owner disconnected it but I guess it takes all sorts!!!

Cheers for any help anyone can give :blow:

dfc4d35d.jpg

answered my own question but i've found a really useful diagram (stolen from uk mkiv's!!) Thought i'd post it as it may help someone in the future!

14a15d2f.jpg

cheers mate, where is the crank sensor and why did you chamge it?

If you look at the oil filter it's just behind it and slighty to the right. A torch will help!! Only a 10mm nut. I changed is as the car wouldnt start on monday morning, would crank but no switching at the coil and no pulse on the injectors, both still had a supply. I figured it was either crank or cam sensor. Thankfully i have access to daignostics (I'm an RAC patrol!) and this confrimed it. £20 from partco or £70 from the stealers!!!! Took 2 mins to change, that makes benji a happy boy!! :thrashi:

oh yes!! Just gotta do all the shocks, springs and bushes next week! What joy!!!!!!

Yea, that's the outlet from the charcoal cannister. Filtered gasses are send back into the engine to be reburnt.

You are probably not hearing the turbo sucking as much after plugging, but thats a good thing as the engine would have been taking in unfiltered and unmeasured air. Car should run better now. Lucky debris wasn't sucked up too as this would have bent the compressor blades.

yeah, its a bit scary! The previous owner was a mechanic but a few months ago i found the turbo to intercooler pipe wasn't sitting right and there was no jubbly clip on it!!!! I'm fairly sure it's all sweet now, i hope so any way!

If you look at the oil filter it's just behind it and slighty to the right. A torch will help!! Only a 10mm nut. I changed is as the car wouldnt start on monday morning, would crank but no switching at the coil and no pulse on the injectors, both still had a supply. I figured it was either crank or cam sensor. Thankfully i have access to daignostics (I'm an RAC patrol!) and this confrimed it. £20 from partco or £70 from the stealers!!!! Took 2 mins to change, that makes benji a happy boy!! :thrashi:
hehe partco cant be beat when they actually got them in stock :applaus:
You a dedicated techy by any chance ??