How to get more power out of my tdi

sharma

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 130 bhp tdi (A3 8L) and want to get a bit more power out of it. I know a Revo remap will get me up to 170 bhp, but is there anything else I can do instead of going for the remap? It costs over £400 pounds and I was wondering what cheaper options are available. I don’t really want to fork out that much and even though 40bhp extra would be great, I would also be happy with 10 or 20 extra horses.
Thanks.

Save up, be patient, and get a remap......definately !! you'll love it !!

you'll probably need an uprated clutch once you get a remap (especially Revo) so you're £400 will increase to about £1000. My Revo'd 150bhp needed a new clutch within 5,000 miles. Why not try a tuning box. you should see an extra 25 horses

go for the remap. the way itl transform your car for £400 will be a bargain!

and torque delivery will be much much better. it's not just about the bhp increase

I looked into this quite a while ago and the only way you're gonna get much more power out of your engine is either a remap [with uprated clutch] or Nitrous Oxide.

By the way, if you want quicker acceleration from standing then it my also be worth lowering your car and getting firmer dampers - helps stop some of the weight shifting to the back so your front wheels mantain traction better :]

Hi sharma

We can offer you a remap for your Audi A3 130TDI for £312.55 inc VAT

The power figures will be approx 170-175bhp and 270-280ft/lb

With the smooth software we offer there is generally no need to upgrade the clutch unless you have seen issues previously

I just bought a genuine second hand tunit chip for £150 off flee bay so bargains can be had.