H&R and Koni's

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
So,

50mm H&R Springs with Koni adjustable shocks. Does this sound like a good combination?

Will be running the rears pretty hard, and the fronts softer. Will be doing the anti roll bars at a later date

Opinions please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich

I have this on my S3, I find it a bit grating (hard) as my route to work is on poor quality roads, but I wouldnt go back to standard either.

Dunc

I guess it depends on how harsh you have it setup!?

Rich

i wouldnt set a anything up as hard.. personally..

nice and soft for me please!

although when u have it hard and u have a lady in the car..

watch they babies bounce to high heaven! lol

[ QUOTE ]
richy said:
i wouldnt set a anything up as hard.. personally..

nice and soft for me please!

although when u have it hard and u have a lady in the car..

watch they babies bounce to high heaven! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Im more after handling than comfort, but dont want 'shake your teeth out' harshness. maybe 2/3's towards firm.

[ QUOTE ]
cyuen said:
rich how much are H&R coilovers retail cost in UK?

[/ QUOTE ]

About £600+vat

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
I guess it depends on how harsh you have it setup!?

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

I have tried the fronts on max softness but still find it annoying. I dont know what the rears are set too. Alledgedly they are set halfway, but I was told that about the fronts but they were set to max firmness when they were installed.

I have driven two S3s, one with the H&R comfort coilovers (much softer) and also KW Coilovers, again much softer.

I wouldnt go back to standard as the car steers very well - turn in is greatly improved and this was the most instantly noticeable improvement. I needed adjustable tie bars though as the car looked collapsed at the back and the camber was noticeable '[censored]'. I think now it looks 'perfect' in terms of ride height though.

I wouldnt go back to standard but if I was doing it again, I would maybe try something like Bilstein shocks as i think my setup is too harsh and stiff for bad roads thus negating the handling improvements as the damping is too harsh.

But whats suits one person may not suit another, so IMO if you were lucky enough to try before you buy that would be the best compromise (or if you drive mostly on the motorways then you would think the setup was perfect!)

Dunc