forge splitR valve problems

AVUSSILVER

Reaction score
hi guys ive just fitted my new forge splitr valve and im kind of getting a rattling noise under the bonnet sounds like its coming from the dv valve iv e just put it in i know its adjustable but i havent adjusted anything do i need to ? i literally fitted it from the pack i know it turns to be adjusted but dont know what to adjust it to ,

ps it hardly sounds that loud either is there anything i can do to make it louder??

thanks guys

hi there, have you double checked you have fitted it correctly? if so then you will need to adjust it i had mine fitted when i had my re-mapp done but still adjusted it a further 7 turns after as the boost wasnt holding, which is what it sound like might be happening to you. you have to turn the top inwards so as to tighten the spring but you really need a boost gauge to see when the spring is tight enough to hold the boost then that will do, as for making it louder no nothing you can do as its only like 30% of the pressure being dumped to atmosphere, why would you want it any louder anyway best to be subtle and not loud and chavy, best of luck

thanks kev my cars standard at the moment du know how much i need to adjust it ? is it just done by turning it clockwise?

yeah you adjust it just by simply turning the top of it clockwise but you cant be sure you have adjusted it correctly with out a boost gauge it really is a must have. all id sugest you do for now is wind it in untill you think it sounds ok then buy a boost gauge as soon as possible so you can adjust it properly, i have just done a serch for you and seems you may need to turn it about 2 turns but cant be sure, plus dont forget the splitr valve fits the oposite way round then the standard bosch item

wha du mean b oposite way?do i have to change the way the pipes are?

Rattling noise from a forge valve, thats new to me

I cant think how thats possible, maybe an air noise of some sort but not rattling, only thing I can think of is the top of the valve is knocking on the underside of the bonnet, does it stick up quite far?

I had a forge DV on my S3, but it was small, but this was an older one than yours.

I also have a forge split-r dv,but i am not convinced that it is the best thing i have bought for my car,i'm sure it leaks boost now my car is remapped,does anyone have a better suggestion?