Vacuum Hose undernearth throttle body

S3mad

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Hi all ,

there is some kind of vacume hose underneath where the trottle body is its hard to get to and is damaged as i can hear it hissing anyone have any idea of part numbers ?

This is a very common pipe to go. Only thing is you have to buy a whole series of pipes, you can't just get the one you need. It was about £65 if I remember correctly. If I can find my invoice or the rain stops outside I'll let you know the part number.

**EDIT** - Zooming in on the original pic of the part gave me the part number of 06A-133-782G

This is what the part looks like:

006-1.jpg

Andy

will this pipe affect my peformance of that car and how easy is this to fit the pipe is coming from the middle then just connects to another pipe but just looks like a short bit of pipe ?

I didn't notice an improvement in power after getting the pipe replaced, but my car is running badly at the moment anyway so that's not surprising!

I paid a garage to fit the pipe at the same time as they did the clutch so not sure how difficult it was. Think it only took them 30 mins or so. You'll need some new jubilee clips as you have to remove some of those "Use only once" metal clips holding the existing pipe in place.

Thanks for your help ,

im not sure what im going to do as the pipe that is affected is not that long and its alot of money when i dont need all them pipes i only noticed after taking a close listen to the engine ....

I didn't notice an improvement in power after getting the pipe replaced, but my car is running badly at the moment anyway so that's not surprising!

I paid a garage to fit the pipe at the same time as they did the clutch so not sure how difficult it was. Think it only took them 30 mins or so. You'll need some new jubilee clips as you have to remove some of those "Use only once" metal clips holding the existing pipe in place.

If you take a good look I think you'll find the pipes are really tricky to change on their own. I think you're best off stumping up the cash; at least then you'll know that all the PCV piping under the manifold has been replaced. The last thing you want is to replace one bit only to find another go at some point down the line.

Yes you are right i will proberly change the lot ,
going to take the car to a mate at audi tommorro to see if its that one as i dont want to order the wrong part !!

If you take a good look I think you'll find the pipes are really tricky to change on their own. I think you're best off stumping up the cash; at least then you'll know that all the PCV piping under the manifold has been replaced. The last thing you want is to replace one bit only to find another go at some point down the line.