Trashed ECU

garethj

Reaction score
Took my car (new A3 2.0 TDI) to the dealer today to have the ECU reflashed, in the process they managed to trash the ECU. To add insult to injury there is a shortage of ECUs at the moment.

What did they do wrong? Flashing is almost idiot proof....opppss we're are talking about dealers aren't we /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
garethj said:
Took my car (new A3 2.0 TDI) to the dealer today to have the ECU reflashed, in the process they managed to trash the ECU. To add insult to injury there is a shortage of ECUs at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me like they'll have to give you a top of the range demonstrater til it's sorted (just hope its not a top of the range A2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif).

Name n shame the dealer muppets who fried it so we can all avoid the place!

I think it would be unfair to name the dealer at this point as the problem is apparently with the ECU itself (it ties in to the problem they were trying to solve). As Gamba said it is pretty hard to trash an ECU so at this stage I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have been given a decent replacement car A6 SE diesel CVT. The CVT gearbox is bizarre, incredibly smooth, almost impossible to notice the 'gear' changes it just seems to gather speed.

garethj, most likely the reason to that lack of gear change is the lack of gears /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

Hence the reason for putting gears in inverted commas like I did in the post. When you use the +/- selector to move between the 'six speeds' the change is so subtle as to make it pretty pointless.

DAF cars had cvt, they had 1 forward and 1 reverse gear went as fast forwards as backwards which as I remember was about 65 mph.