A3 Front Seat Weight (non-electric)

Reaction score
Hey all, just a quick question. I'm just wondering if I should bother getting some lightweight front seats as I heard that the normal ones weigh a lot. Can anyone tell me how much the front seats weigh please (these are the non-electric type that come in a 1.9TDI).
Thanks in advance!
-Andy.

They look out of place in an Audi IMO

Surely that would depend on the style of the seats?
I was thinking about using a 4 point harness coming off the rear passengers seatbelt mount points as I don't have back seats in anyway (it's currently being replaced with a custom made bench with 2 10" subs :)

Why ruin the interior for the sake of a few kg's. Lose the spare wheel and go on a diet!

Well it could be more than just a few kg, these lightweight seats are only about 8kg each and I've heard people saying how heavy the front seats are. If it was litterally just a few kg I'd save then I wouldn't bother. Anyone got a figure for me? :)

Recaro's are the heavy ones, normal Audi seats weigh 15kg's each. So you're gonna save 14kg's, well worth doing!

well you've done most of the things already! you have debadged the back, no badge on the front grill, but then you tinted the windows so I guess that cancels out the debadging. but then you have smoothed the front bumper which would counteract the tinting on the lights. But now the subs in the back bench will be a hell of a lot to lose...
Yea, go on a diet, don't ever carry passengers or if you did make sure that they weren't fat, don't ever carry luggage and your sorted!

Recaro's are the heavy ones, normal Audi seats weigh 15kg's each. So you're gonna save 14kg's, well worth doing!

Thanks for the reply Andy, yeah I agree 14kg isn't worth all that work and money, think I'll stick with my current ones then. As you said I think people must have been referring to the recaros.

Don't understand why people go off on one for a person asking a simple question though, hostile territory this audi forum lol ;)

Surely that would depend on the style of the seats?
I was thinking about using a 4 point harness coming off the rear passengers seatbelt mount points as I don't have back seats in anyway (it's currently being replaced with a custom made bench with 2 10" subs :)

just not for me mate, both for looks and for a good weight to power ratio, Audi is way to heavy (despite taking 14kg out) and good looking a car to lob things out and start again. Subtle all the way for me.:yes: