Air Leak - Which pipes to check?

MingBluS3

Reaction score
Can someone tell me which pipes i should check for air leaks. I have noticed a slight performance drop, it's only been 3 weeks since i had it chipped.

Was also wondering if it could be the fuel, i've ran 2 tanks of BP Ultimate over the last week and have not had the chance to get to a Shell garage. I'm sure it runs better on Optimax.

There seems to be alot more noise since ive had it chipped, i did take it back when i had it chipped cause i noticed a sound that i wanted to get checked, he came for a test drive with me and told me it's because the turbo is now spinning up quicker to give the boost and that the noise i could hear.

Anyway i don;t know if it's me but the noise it definalty alot more noticable over the last week and does it for alot longer. Tonight i had a burn with a 2.0 turbo Vauxhall Coupe thingy it' was very fast, i thought i would have abused him being chipped. But did not notice much difference between the two. We exchanged a few words when we got into traffic, i shouted out to him if he had done anything to his and he said no Standard 2.0 turbo, he said is mine and i said yes chipped, he then said what 250bhp? i said YUP and drove off.. Thinking about it he had a set of rims modded exhaust etc i dont know whether to believe him or not, he also knew what BHP a chipped S3 would be.. hmmmm

That why i was thinking it could be a air leak and i was up against a standard 2.0 turbo.

sorry if my post does not make sense to read.