Serious runaround from the Stealers.

SanityClause

Reaction score
I was supposed to get my S3 on Monday, the finance didn't arrive, ok no big problem.
Tuesday the cheque arrives, I rush about like a blue ***** fly getting bankers drafts written out and trundle off to the dealer, 35 miles away.
I get there to be informed the car won't be "ready" for another 2 hours, even though I put pen to paper 8 days before.
While servicing the car they discovered it needed new disks and pads, which they would replace.
Settle down in my car to wait, after an hour the salesperson (nice girl) tells me they found something else, a coil (spring or whatever I don't know) and it wouldn't be ready til the next day, they will deliver to my office.
Wednesday, a call from the dealership owner, telling me that while valeting the car they noticed the newly filled petrol tank was spurting out via the filler cap (engine running), he'll call me back.
A call later in the day, they haven't fixed the problem, but were lending me a new A4 and taking my car away, (trade in).
Thursday, another call, yes we found the problem but we'll have to repair, then valet your car again, maybe deliver this afternoon....
5PM tonight, another call to say that they are sorry, but it's too late and they will deliver my car to my office in the morning.

Now, I'm either going to get a completely rebuilt car by the sounds of it, or another excuse.

Getting ready to walk away quickly here, luckily it's an Audi dealership with a 30 day hand it back policy.

[ QUOTE ]
SanityClause said:
I was supposed to get my S3 on Monday, the finance didn't arrive, ok no big problem.
Tuesday the cheque arrives, I rush about like a blue ***** fly getting bankers drafts written out and trundle off to the dealer, 35 miles away.
I get there to be informed the car won't be "ready" for another 2 hours, even though I put pen to paper 8 days before.
While servicing the car they discovered it needed new disks and pads, which they would replace.
Settle down in my car to wait, after an hour the salesperson (nice girl) tells me they found something else, a coil (spring or whatever I don't know) and it wouldn't be ready til the next day, they will deliver to my office.

Wednesday, a call from the dealership owner, telling me that while valeting the car they noticed the newly filled petrol tank was spurting out via the filler cap (engine running), he'll call me back.
A call later in the day, they haven't fixed the problem, but were lending me a new A4 and taking my car away, (trade in).
Thursday, another call, yes we found the problem but we'll have to repair, then valet your car again, maybe deliver this afternoon....
5PM tonight, another call to say that they are sorry, but it's too late and they will deliver my car to my office in the morning.

Now, I'm either going to get a completely rebuilt car by the sounds of it, or another excuse.

Getting ready to walk away quickly here, luckily it's an Audi dealership with a 30 day hand it back policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand it straight back, get your cash and get another! If this is an 'approved Audi', it's in a terrible state (and would the dealer be Lomond Audi in Glasgow btw? Top Totty saleseyecandy but $hite everything else in my experience!)?

No, it's Ingram Audi in Ayr. I'll be driving the car hard for the next 28 days and if it gives me any grief at all, I'll be handing it back. On a plus side (if there IS a plus side) I'll be getting a car with a very good service history.

Ingram still have their dealership, certainly for Volkswagen. My bro-in-law just bought an new Golf from there.
Whoever sold this car also bought a new 3.2 S3 from ingram in Ayr.
I copped a look at the V5 and he's local to there, it's an absolute red 99 V plate.

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever sold this car also bought a new 3.2 S3 from ingram in Ayr.

[/ QUOTE ]

no such thing
perhaps an S-line?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I suppose it must have been, they had another in the showroom while I was there.
I don't think the salesgirl was too savvy about cars, she asked me if my Volvo S40 2.0T was a hatchback !!!!

It was Ingrams in Ayr that did my brake recall a few weeks ago. I think they have lost they're dealership but are still authorised repairers. There was a red 3.2 A3 sitting in the showroom and it was sold. That said, when I was sitting there, another customer quite happily accepted the fact that his car had failed his MOT on brake discs despite them being replaced at the MOT last year too?

I wonder, could it be that Audi are stripping dealerships because of the vast new super-store being built on Clydeside?
This is going to be one of the largest in Europe and may even house their own test track.
Hmm, seems to be a common theme here on brake disks, anyone else finding this?

[ QUOTE ]
SanityClause said:
I wonder, could it be that Audi are stripping dealerships because of the vast new super-store being built on Clydeside?
This is going to be one of the largest in Europe and may even house their own test track.
Hmm, seems to be a common theme here on brake disks, anyone else finding this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I for one intend to take every chance to get on said dealers new track round the centre and thrash the *** off their toys like they do to ours (when we're not looking!) before going onwards to Braehead for a spot of shopping and KFC with a big cheesie grin on my face at their expense! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif That's if it ever gets finished - thought it was set for a spring opening - not late summer/early autumn? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif