leather care options... whats you experience ?

cjhill

hmmmmm interesting.
Reaction score
Dear all,

like many i would guess, my leather seats are looking a bit tiered, Has anyone tried any products that remove / reduce the crack marks and perhaps tighten the leather so it looks newer...

Any ideas ? So far ive used a few products from halfrauds but none seem to do the job.

Your valued experience is welcomed.... :uhm:

As far as cleaning the leather and making it a bit more supple which can help remove some marks, I swear by Lord Sherentons BeesWax, comes in a small glass pot and smells of Marsypan! Seems to work well for me, belive they now sell it in Asda?

You can get leather paint mixed to your colour, check on ebay but not something Id be really wanting to do personally

Also heard good stuff about Gliptone Leather Conditioner, a lot of guys on the Detailing World site use it.

Autoglym is a bit harsh for older leathers....I use furniture stuff.

Gliptone Leather conditioner and cleaner all the way. I use it in the car and in the house . Smells nice and works a treat.

My leather after a Gliptone...

P5060170.jpg

I'm going to do mine soon too, was reading in a magazine that you should do it about 3-4 times a year to keep the leather in good condition, and more often if you use air condition/climate control as it dries the leather out causing the cracks etc........

Im just waiting for my Poorboys Leather Stuff to arrive. Will let you know how that is.

As far as cleaning the leather and making it a bit more supple which can help remove some marks, I swear by Lord Sherentons BeesWax, comes in a small glass pot and smells of Marsypan! Seems to work well for me, belive they now sell it in Asda?

You can get leather paint mixed to your colour, check on ebay but not something Id be really wanting to do personally

I might give that a try out, I've been using Lord Sheraton spray for some time now and never felt the need to change, the leathers come up a treat and a little spray goes a long way.

Hey Ian interior of your car looks good for the age and miles :)

Gliptone is well regarded but I think that the only way to treat the leather is to look after it from day one

Here is one I prepared earlier

DSC00832.jpg

11 year old 16V golf III

stay away from megs creme, i use zymol, comes up good and smells great..............were do ya get the gliptone from